Just got my Mesa Mark V back......WOW!!

Daniel Travis

Supporting Member
Glad to see SOMEBODY who isn't using Recto cabs with V30s. I don't get those for Marks at all. I bought a horizontal Recto 2x12 for my MkIII head and was instantly disappointed. Probably the first big mistake I've made from blind online purchases. Something about the fizzy top end ruins it for me. I'm on a quest to find a vertical 2x12 like yours! :dude

Were the v30s broken in? I've only ever heard fizz on the top end of them when they were not broken in, personally. They all smooth out quite nicely, but especially the Mesa ones and the older UK ones.

Were the v30s broken in? I've only ever heard fizz on the top end of them when they were not broken in, personally. They all smooth out quite nicely, but especially the Mesa ones and the older UK ones.
Maybe not. The cab is basically mint, but I don't play because I hate the tone! I'm going to have to force my self to sell it (chore) and replace it with a proper Mark vertical 2x12 with C90 + EVM12L as Randall intended.

LesPaul70

Yes, any Mesa Mark is a force to be reckoned with. Definitely professional tools. They are so mercilessly tight (esp. the SimulClass models) that one just can't hide their mistakes behind a wall of warm fuzz. It's a blessing and a curse, depending on which side of the fence you are on.

As for this photo...

I love my V.

....Just wanted to say that I absolutely love those SGs!

Trending Topics