Just got my New Tele...............

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by OldSchool, Dec 3, 2005.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Probably the most I've ever spent on a guitar in my life........a real once in a lifetime purchase here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After owning practically every kind of guitar made I'm returning to where I started. The Telecaster. Its just "it" for me. I was thinking of all the really great offshoots like an Anderson or a Suhr...........but I decided on the Fender Custom Shop after seeing the specs for this model.

Body:
    Premium Ash Body
    Honey Blonde Color
    Nitrocellulose Laquer
    One-Ply Black Pickguard
    Limited Edition Neck Plate
    Neck:
    One Piece Maple Neck and Fretboard
    Large '50s "U" Shape
    Bolt-On Neck Joint
    25-1/2 Inch Scale Length
    1.65 Inch Nut Width
    9.5 Inch Fretboard Radius
    Nitrocellulose Laquer Finish
    21 American Standard Style Frets
    Fender/Gotoh Vintage Style Tuners
    Bridge:
    Vintage Style Telecaster Bridge
    Strings Through Body
    3 Special Design Brass Saddles
    Pickups/Electronics:
    Fender Custom "Nocaster" Single Coil Pickup in Bridge Postion
    Seymour Duncan '59 Humbucker in Neck Position
    Case Details:
    Black Tolex Covered "Limited Edition" Hard Case
    Strap, Cable, Certificate of Authenticity Included

I always dug the relics but I hate tiny frets and a small scale. This one came exactly like I would have ordered it from the factory..............a very "light" closet relic.............It sounds wonderful. The middle position is really to die for. Perfect for all The Allman stuff I love to do............ and with a flick of a switch its Brad Paisley city..........:AOK

My Dealer set it up really nice with some 10's and the thing plays as good as it sounds. I think I've finally found a keeper. I needed to sell/sacrafice 3 guitars to get it...........but its well worth it. Of course a year from now I'll really know............but I am sick and tired of going through guitars like underwear and really want to sit and play for a while and grow. I think I've finally made the right choice and worth every Penny............:dude

2. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Very cool...! :dude

Report back, please, after you've spent some time with it...! ;)

3. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

I love it! Congrats - I hope it works out for you. $3500 for a Tele...you my friend are not allowed to zing the Gibson Historic Les Paul players ever again :p

Digs aside, I bet it's perfect!

4. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I paid $2700 from Daves Guitar Shop . After shopping around Dave Matched the losest Price I was able to find. I HIGHLY recomend Daves to anyone..............the guy is a prince. :dude

I hear ya on the Gibsons.............but to me at least this one differed from the regular No Caster models. Modern Neck Scale, Bigger Frets, happening electronics............some of the Tom Murphy Models piss me off becuase all they are are Base Models with ****ed up paint. But I understand what your saying.............this was MY dream guitar............if that Tom Murphy thing is someone elses...........who am I to piss on it?

You can tell I'm really happy today...................:dude

5. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

Old School! Don't go soft on us - you're supposed to be badass. Badass guy & Badass guitar = a revolution! Ya, baby!

That's a smoking deal. I'm tempted to call Dave...

Anyway, I'm envious and just striking out. Screw those crazy Gibson guys. All the best on your new guitar, I think it's a machine!

6. HHB

HHB Member

congrats, sweet sweet axe! I've got the tele jones in a major way, I'm looking MIM so I am truly green w/ envy at that badboy!

7. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    OS, a beauty & much like i wanted, too. i've been drooling over a Cloud 9 LP Black Beauty @ Dave's, but am waiting on something else instead. but who knows...i may end up with that H157...anyway i digress.

btw, what's "modern neck scale" vs. original? (my Chapin is a 25.4")

enjoy!

:cool:

8. Robert1950

Robert1950 Member

I'm not really a 'tele person' but if I were,, this would be the one I would want.

9. Waynet

Waynet Guest

Very nice! If guitars were food, that would be a good, thick ribeye, cooked to perfection. I think everyone needs a good diet consisting of at least one of each of the major food groups - a Tele, a Strat, an LP and a semi-hollow (ES 335 or 137-type).

10. BPlexico

BPlexico Member

Wonderful guitar! I just got one of those myself about a month ago from Wildwood Guitars. That's one of the LTD Edition NAMM 1952 Telecaster Relics from this year. I believe the neck is actually a "V" Shaped '57 Style. Mine came in at 7lbs...first Tele I have had in ages.

-- Barr

[​IMG]

11. phoenix

phoenix Gold Supporting Member

awesome!

I finally got mine I waited a year for and am going through telebonding as well.

[​IMG]

12. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Its a 25 1/2 ..............I meant radius. Its a 9.5 instead of that vintage 7 1/4 so you can bend and not fret out and chords still ring with beautiful clarity. I can't wait to hear it through the Colonial when it arrives! :dude

13. fatback

fatback Member

Nice one OldSchool. Looking good!:dude

14. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Yep that it! We are brothers! Mine was also advertised as a Fat V neck.............but it feels more U shaped to me. Definitelty big..........but not unplayable big . I know the relic thing helps a guitar look the part...........but this guitar has a really mellow round voice...........even my bridge Pup is anything but Ice Pick. I really love it. Kind of hard to make such statements like She's a keeper, or I'm done.............after only 1 day of playing her...............but I'm really happy right now and thats really all I could ever hope for. Thanks for all the well wishes though! I am NOT a rich guy. Theres alot of Blood Sweat and Tears Overtime in this baby. If I can feel the same way about it 10 yrs from now than I do today.............. It was really money well spent. :AOK

15. BPlexico

BPlexico Member

Well hopefully it will keep you happy for many many years. As you said - it is a big neck but not umcomfortably big and I have small hands...biggest neck on any Fender I have owned though. And the guitar is incredibly resonant unplugged. Chords just ring out. As I am in the midst of moving, all my amps are packed so I have not even had a chance to plug her in yet, not till around Christmas. Let's see who still has one come ten years from now, I bet I will....;)

-- Barr

16. Crazyquilt

Crazyquilt Guitar Dad Silver Supporting Member

That's a truly sweet guitar. I'm not a big bucker guy (except for 'trons...I dig those) but that is a smokin' instrument. I'm sure it's worth every penny. And I hear you about finding 'that one guitar' ... I keep hoping I'll find it, but I never do. I think I just love too many, fairly different, instruments.

17. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Your ON!!!!!!!!!!! :D

How could you NOT plug her in!? It would take me 2 secs to rip open a box and about 10 minutes to pack it back up. Go for it! :p

18. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Thanks! The Bucker here really warms and fattens up the sound. It matches perfectly with the Bridge Pup...........I fanatized about replacing it with a Holmes or something as I was waiting for it to arrive...........but I don't think it can sound any better. Its really Mellow............its a very soulful guitar. I'm really a very happy person gear wise today!

19. tillerusa

tillerusa Member

That is a sweet guitar. I actually got to play it at Dave's booth in Arlington. I would have bought it on the spot but I got distracted by the new Lentz guitars and couldn't make up my mind so went home empty handed, go figure. Anyway congrats on a cool-ass guitar.

20. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    dang, i've underused my Chapin T-bird. better go plug it in to the Colonial now :D

btw, i've learned that bigger necks are better for your hands, stress- and strain-wise than slim taper necks (my hands are pretty small, too). "sounds" like you got the ideal guitar.

:cool: