• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

just got my soldano slo 100.. holy frick!

mainly

well, i understand what all its praise was about.

this amp is rock!

its the most amazing tone ive ever heard out of my guitars. its flat out the best amp ive heard.

bottom end is frightening. especially on the crunch channel with the volume up and preamp down. the pick dynamics are amazing. so warm at any volume and any setting. its kinda weird dialing in a setting because no matter what you do with the knobs it sounds great!!!

thats not so with my mark IV.

which i compared it to directly for about 2 hours last night. i must say i was able to get the mark iV within 10-15 % of the slo with some tweaking. but its gone from being my favorite amp to my second favorite. and the boogie is still a fantastic amp, with alot more versatility. and tonal range. but the character of this soldano is slightly in another class. they are really expensive but i can see why. i paid 3100 CAN for mine, (about 2400 US) so i believe i got a good deal.

mine has the 6550 tubes.

anyone have good experiences with other tubes?

if anyone is thinking about getting one of these, i seriously doubt you will be dissappointed. it beats every other amp ive tried in every category when it comes to sound quality.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Soldano... but not the SLO. My HR50+ was the best sounding amp I've ever played through, period. I can only imagine what the SLO can do. If I ever find a used Soldano combo for sale anywhere, I am buying it on the spot.

joolzriff

love my SLO..i recently acquired a soldano 4x12 and i'm realy liking it ALOT..it makes the amplifier MORE,it seems to be mated to perfection to me....notes pop out and are very easy to handle and play...
still sounds awesome through my greenback bogner,kindda bigger and deeper but i'm digging the soldano cab BIG TIME... check one out
check this out,w/ my classic rock outfit i got the lead channel Gain on 2 or 3 and it sings like a bird

bilbal

I adore my SLO. It's been my number since the day I got it about 10 months ago. It will be interesting to see what happens when my Two Rock arrives. b

suparsonic

Congrats, welcome to the club. I,ve owned 3 over the past 18 years. I run the std 5881 tubes. I hear the JJ 6L6 are also popular.

mainly

sorry, i screwed up on the tubes, mine has groove tubes kt66's.

i play mine through my 412 recto cab. its awesome through it.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
Just got rid of my Soldano HR50+ for the $$$. My favortie amp I've ever owned. I will have a SLO in the future if all works out. I ran KT66 in the HR and they were great. But, they were Sovtek KT66, so not sure if they were the real deal, or just another 6l6 tube.

Congrats on your new amp!!!

jnug

I adore my SLO. It's been my number since the day I got it about 10 months ago. It will be interesting to see what happens when my Two Rock arrives. b

i'm in the same boat, soldanos have been my number one amp for years, currently my slo is the go to. all my other amps are just fun to play but when it's time for business the slo is what i go to. i just played and snagged a two rock and hadn't been that impressed with a amp since my slo. so it will be interesting to see what unfolds.

@mainly: congrats on the slo it's a fine amp.

OliverGuitars

Lol! Bilbal has been talking me into getting one, but I still have never seen one used. But I know Bill loves his. I really want to try one more than anything!

Jemlite

sorry, i screwed up on the tubes, mine has groove tubes kt66's.

i play mine through my 412 recto cab. its awesome through it.
I have GT KT66's in mine... nice big and breathy with trademark SLO crunch; Speakers are a big factor. What are you using in the 412?

Jemlite

What are the cleans like on these guys ...?
Most SLO fans say good... other super clean fender junkies def won't be happy. If you have the mid cut mod and depth mod it's actually pretty killer... Remember it's still 100w amp.

guitarnut

i had the chance to play one at a studio a few years back and i still have dreams about it. enjoy!!!

i loved the clean by the way.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
What are the cleans like on these guys ...?
Dude, I've watched your Youtube videos. Very nice playing!

The cleans on the SLO are great, even cranked, in fact better cranked. Much better than the cleans were on my Soldano HR50+, which is like the crunch setting on the clean channel of the SLO. And the drive channel, for what you're doing, it would be so sweet. The tone cuts through, and its easy to dial in the sound in your head. Well, my head at least. My HR50+ combined with my G&L Legacy and the Hellatone 60 got me this awesome, creamy yet articulate tone that sounded like a violin instead of a guitar. Sexy.

Tone Jones

Silver Supporting Member
Been using a SLO for the past 6 years and have owned/gigged many of the usual suspects and it remains my fave. JJ 6L6GCs sound best of the types I've tried. Got some M75 Scumbacks on the way. Looking forward to trying them out!

Jemlite

Been using a SLO for the past 6 years and have owned/gigged many of the usual suspects and it remains my fave. JJ 6L6GCs sound best of the types I've tried. Got some M75 Scumbacks on the way. Looking forward to trying them out!
What tubes had you tried? Do you mean brands, or types as you stated?

I'd be curious how those speakers work out for you as well. I've been running EVL's in a 212 but thinking of trying some Scums...

Trending Topics