Just grabbed an original Blues Breaker :)

treeuh

I know a lot of guys love the clones and variants, but what's the consensus on the original? What can I expect? I didn't get a chance to really run it through the paces at the shop, but I figured it's become a classic, and for $100, why not? :p

It came with the original box and papers I believe... Shop owner said it was NOS. :\

I had a Double Barrel a while back but it was noisy, and I never used the TS side. Figured I'd give it a go :)

stellablue

There were two issues of the BB. One was brighter than the other. I know it does a good cleanish boost, with no mid hump. Nice score.

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
Wow you got a great deal! I've seen beat up ones go for double that.

lestera34

Supporting Member
If it's silver - not an original.

If you scored a black one with blue lettering new in box for $100, I am insanely jealous of you.

You would easily double (likely triple) your money if it's the first one and it is indeed in that condition.

jhspedals.com

Gold Supporting Member
I know a lot of guys love the clones and variants, but what's the consensus on the original? What can I expect? I didn't get a chance to really run it through the paces at the shop, but I figured it's become a classic, and for $100, why not? :p

It came with the original box and papers I believe... Shop owner said it was NOS. :\

I had a Double Barrel a while back but it was noisy, and I never used the TS side. Figured I'd give it a go :)
Very cool pedal, it will have really low volume and feel thin in places. Its a classic though! Sorry your DB was noisy? Thats not normal, let us know if we can help.

woolyh

Interesting.. Any way to tell them apart?
I had both a while ago and the only way to tell the difference just by looking at them was one had a glossy finish and the other had matt finish. I can't remember which was the good one though :X

Maybe it's something to do with one version being made in Korea and the other in England but neither of my Blues Breakers had stickers on the bottom so I couldn't tell -_-

treeuh

Mine is a matte finish and made in England... This has me excited. Problem is that the bottom has foam on it and I really don't want to put Velcro on that, haha..

Thanks, Josh! I actually had it replaced by the retailer and the second unit still hummed a good bit.. It was probably my rig, but I was running ISO power :\ No worries though. I still dig y'all's stuff ;)

Coldacre

they sound good when they're on, but they suck tone like nobody's business. put it in a TB loop if you can

jhspedals.com

Gold Supporting Member
Mine is a matte finish and made in England... This has me excited. Problem is that the bottom has foam on it and I really don't want to put Velcro on that, haha..

Thanks, Josh! I actually had it replaced by the retailer and the second unit still hummed a good bit.. It was probably my rig, but I was running ISO power :\ No worries though. I still dig y'all's stuff ;)
That is a bummer, whats your address? I will send ya a Morning Glory. I bet you got a hold of a little run we did that had a power filtering error. You basically have to remove a cap.