Just grabbed an original Blues Breaker :)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by treeuh, Jul 8, 2014.

1. treeuh

treeuh Member

I know a lot of guys love the clones and variants, but what's the consensus on the original? What can I expect? I didn't get a chance to really run it through the paces at the shop, but I figured it's become a classic, and for $100, why not? :p

It came with the original box and papers I believe... Shop owner said it was NOS. :\

I had a Double Barrel a while back but it was noisy, and I never used the TS side. Figured I'd give it a go :)

2. stellablue

stellablue Member

There were two issues of the BB. One was brighter than the other. I know it does a good cleanish boost, with no mid hump. Nice score.

3. treeuh

treeuh Member

Interesting.. Any way to tell them apart?

4. LionVerse

LionVerse Supporting Member

Wow you got a great deal! I've seen beat up ones go for double that.

5. lestera34

lestera34 Supporting Member

If it's silver - not an original.

If you scored a black one with blue lettering new in box for $100, I am insanely jealous of you.

You would easily double (likely triple) your money if it's the first one and it is indeed in that condition.

6. jhspedals.com

jhspedals.com Gold Supporting Member

Very cool pedal, it will have really low volume and feel thin in places. Its a classic though! Sorry your DB was noisy? Thats not normal, let us know if we can help.

7. woolyh

woolyh Member

I had both a while ago and the only way to tell the difference just by looking at them was one had a glossy finish and the other had matt finish. I can't remember which was the good one though :X

Maybe it's something to do with one version being made in Korea and the other in England but neither of my Blues Breakers had stickers on the bottom so I couldn't tell -_-

8. treeuh

treeuh Member

Mine is a matte finish and made in England... This has me excited. Problem is that the bottom has foam on it and I really don't want to put Velcro on that, haha..

Thanks, Josh! I actually had it replaced by the retailer and the second unit still hummed a good bit.. It was probably my rig, but I was running ISO power :\ No worries though. I still dig y'all's stuff ;)

9. Coldacre

Coldacre Member

they sound good when they're on, but they suck tone like nobody's business. put it in a TB loop if you can

10. treeuh

treeuh Member

11. jhspedals.com

jhspedals.com Gold Supporting Member

That is a bummer, whats your address? I will send ya a Morning Glory. I bet you got a hold of a little run we did that had a power filtering error. You basically have to remove a cap.