• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Just had this cabinet made (with pics!)

Guitarhero27

Courtesy of Scott Miyako at http://www.miyakodesigns.com

I believe he does post on here as well.

Tell me it's not the most beautiful work in the world...actually all of his cabinets!

It arrives on Monday and I cannot wait to try it out!

In all honesty - please check out his site, and his custom work - you will not be disappointed in the slightest.

And this thread IS useless without pics, so here come a few!

and more info on this specific one can be found at http://www.miyakodesigns.com/SethDolled.html

Lemme know what you guys think!

And again, a HUGE thanks to Scott!

-Seth

Guitarhero27

Oh man, I'm lovin that. How's it sound? Speakers?
it's a 1x12 loaded with a jensen electric lightning, and arrives on monday...according to scott, he played around with it for a little while because he couldn't resist how good it sounded....

i'm just gonna take monday and tuesday off from work haha

Guitarhero27

just got the cabinet delivered today....haven't stopped playing it since. i plan to do a total review within the week! it's so much more beautiful in real life than those pictures show...i'm not kidding!

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
Looks beautiful. Wonder if there any way to avoid having the screws out there on the front?...that would make it look ultra clean. Very nice anyway.

Greg

Guitarhero27

the screws may seem to "stand out" in the picture, but in person the curliness of the walnut just overpowers those screws that they are hardly even noticeable.....and this cab sounds amazing too!

Guitarhero27

I do find it hard to believe that no one has bought something from him. Trust me, you will NEVER regret it. Anyone thinking about it that I might be able to steer towards a yes? Contact me.

-Seth

GTRJoe

Silver Supporting Member
Great looking cab. Where is Scott located? How's the Jensen Electric Lightning speaker sound? I've never heard one. Can you compare it to any other speaker that is more familiar?

Guitarhero27

Hey guys -

Scott is from California, and if you're worried about how something this beautiful :) is shipped, don't because he has it figured out to a T. My cab arrived brilliantly in the packaging, not perfectly protected with no room for any motion between all of the padding and support within the actual box itself.

To address how the Jensen Jet Electric Lightning speaker sounds....My cabinet is a 1x12, and previous experiences of other 1x12's include a Celestion 80 (in my Bogner Shiva) and Vintage 30's of course. I have to say the Jensen really gives them both a run for the money - it retains the warmth that you'd find from a properly driven tube amp into a v30, but with the clarity and depth as the celestian 80 gives me with the shiva. with the wood combination I have on the cab - it has great low end, retains a smooth and warm mid, and bright highs - but NONE overpowering the other, it's quite amazing if you ask me.

And I'm driving this with an Orange Tiny Terror. It may be tiny, but it's a terror! My main focal point of music happens to be being in a Pearl Jam tribute band, as well as my original band.

For the sound I've been getting in the past was either through Bogner Shiva 1x12 or Marshall TSL100 through 4x12's loaded with the stock standard G12T-75's as well as a 2x12 loaded with V30's

http://www.myspace.com/nocodejam (PJ Tribute)
http://www.myspace.com/thefifthnj (My original band, The Fifth)

Now to address to cost situation which many of you were wondering. Ideally - your best bet is to contact scott directly (www.miyakodesigns.com) and his website also has a basic guideline as to what range you'd be looking at, but it all depends on the amount of labor and quality of wood you choose for your own cabinet, so if you're even remotely thinking about it, just shoot him what kind of wood you'd be looking for and he's REAL quick about getting back to you with a quote.

Hope this helps!

-Seth

cradlefish

Hey guys -

Scott is from California, and if you're worried about how something this beautiful :) is shipped, don't because he has it figured out to a T. My cab arrived brilliantly in the packaging, not perfectly protected with no room for any motion between all of the padding and support within the actual box itself.

To address how the Jensen Jet Electric Lightning speaker sounds....My cabinet is a 1x12, and previous experiences of other 1x12's include a Celestion 80 (in my Bogner Shiva) and Vintage 30's of course. I have to say the Jensen really gives them both a run for the money - it retains the warmth that you'd find from a properly driven tube amp into a v30, but with the clarity and depth as the celestian 80 gives me with the shiva. with the wood combination I have on the cab - it has great low end, retains a smooth and warm mid, and bright highs - but NONE overpowering the other, it's quite amazing if you ask me.

And I'm driving this with an Orange Tiny Terror. It may be tiny, but it's a terror! My main focal point of music happens to be being in a Pearl Jam tribute band, as well as my original band.

For the sound I've been getting in the past was either through Bogner Shiva 1x12 or Marshall TSL100 through 4x12's loaded with the stock standard G12T-75's as well as a 2x12 loaded with V30's

http://www.myspace.com/nocodejam (PJ Tribute)
http://www.myspace.com/thefifthnj (My original band, The Fifth)

Now to address to cost situation which many of you were wondering. Ideally - your best bet is to contact scott directly (www.miyakodesigns.com) and his website also has a basic guideline as to what range you'd be looking at, but it all depends on the amount of labor and quality of wood you choose for your own cabinet, so if you're even remotely thinking about it, just shoot him what kind of wood you'd be looking for and he's REAL quick about getting back to you with a quote.

Hope this helps!

-Seth

How much did yours costs? and secondly.....how does it compare/differ to the cabs you've used in the past and present?

Trending Topics