• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Just heard a Jetter GS3( and other Jetter pedals)

vintagecrunch

I heard a guy at church playing through a Jetter GS3 and it was amazing tones all around. He also had a purple, blue and red, but I think the purple was my favorite. Just a great marshall bark.

My question is has anyone ever compared the Xotic BB and the Purple? Any experience with both? The BB has a great vintage marshall "vibe" to my ears and I wonder if the purple might be worth checking out...
Thanks for any shared wisdom.

Last edited:

guitarman1956

Silver Supporting Member
The purple was made to make your Fender Twin sound Marshall...It Does....Now, tell us more on the GS3

spyeman

I've tried a ton of pedals lately, looking for a lead tone that is stacked on my Timmy. Tried the KOT, Screwdriver, Zendrive II, Reeza, Box of Rock, etc. The best so far is the Purple Jetter. I also bought the Green, and it's a great pedal as well, but too much gain (heh heh, if that's possible). I am very impressed with the Jetter product, it sounds great, very open, not compressed, not too midrangy, you can have a lot of gain going but still hear the individual chord notes, I'm interested in the gold and GS3 as well to try.

The reason for posting - to answer the posters question on the BB, I had a BB+, but moved it, it's really a good and versatile pedal as well (liked the left side much more than the "original" right side), but for me it was too compressed, too midrangy and a bit "nasally" for me. I have the RC booster as well - that pedal will never leave my board!

I have owned the Blue and the Green. The Blue is great for the EJ thing and the Green is the gain monster. I found it worked best with the gain under 12:00, and thats still more than any TS clone. The Purple is the Jetter I have wanted to try, but I ended up trading for a OCDv4 which is working out as of right now.

vintagecrunch

If it's any consolation, I A/B'd a Purple and OCDv3 and greatly preferred the OCD.

Interesting... I have a version 3 OCD that I really like as well as the BB, so maybe I have my marshall tones covered. The guy was using a AC30 and a BF Fender with the jetter stuff and it seemed to be a great match.
All I seem to use lately is my jtm45 or matchless and the purple might not be the right pedal for them.

Trending Topics