Just how good is Jackie Evancho?

Clifford-D

On January 20th Jackie Evancho will be singing to what may be the largest audience, ever. Four billion people will be watching this particular inauguration. So she may be making history that day.

Jackie Evancho totally blew my mind six years ago when she appeared as a contestant on Who' Got Talent at 10 years old. She blew everyone's mind. She came in second, and I feel that was because she was 10 and that could have affected the votes, Or maybe it was the Russians lol. Plus she was a bit young to be playing Vegas.

Anyway, I feel she has an amazing voice, for the most part she sticks to traditional classical and modern songs with classical instrumentation.

But she is doing her best to crossover into some area of pop. She's dropped her voice down an octave from what she does in classical. And her voice is beautiful. I can see her following in Celine Dion's footsteps and all that syrupy love song stuff. But could she sing material that would shoot her to the top of the pop charts? Imo, she has the best vocal skills of anyone in Gwen, Taylor, Adele, type singers, by far. She is a true prodigy. I feel her biggest hurdle is going to be getting great songs that will do the job. In other words she should get away from the smultz of the easy rock, Dion thing, and do something edgier, with great hooks.

She's only 16 and may not have much to say about what her "product" is going to be. I think she has some rock and roll in her. Will things change when she becomes 18? I hope so. All she has to do is put out some hits that really feature her voice, like Blue Bayou sung by Linda Ronstadt, Linda's voice was so nice, sweet. Jackie could bring the same sort of thing to fit with her style, and maybe some "You're No Good", who knows, she should be allowed to explore, and cash in on it now, because she has the voice, the look, the experience, but missing the writers on the A list.

Any thoughts on what Jackie should/could do,, starting about right now at 16?

Am I wrong?

Last edited:

hellbender

I wouldnt challenge her too greatly at her tender age. Besides LeAnn Rimes and maybe some others, none of which come to mind, young ladies with big voices rarely translate into even bigger stars later in life. Its fun to speculate though.

robinb

I have been following her career for a few years, because her voice has properties that remind me of previous greats, like Streisand, Carpenter and Garland.
She apparently has a leaning towards darker themes, so maybe something in the "orchestral gothic" genre will inspire her to sing at the next level.
It may be a few years away yet, but she has the potential to have a breakthrough hit that will launch her to the top. It is fun and inspiring to watch the journey!

treborrednil

Hopefully this performance will gain her a lot of new fans that have never heard her sing. Those people will give her career a major boost.

Chris Hoover

Greetings, all. I just became aware of this site from a tip on the Jackie Evancho Fans Proboards forum. Looks very interesting! I'll look around a bit, and soon post on the introduce yourself thread.
In the meantime, here's something recent from Jackie Evancho, from a private gig with The Tenors.

Her concerts are still mostly classical crossover material, but with a few samples from her recent pop-leaning releases, and now of course from her Christmas CD. I can testify that to be present at a live performance is still an otherworldly experience. Here she is promoting Someday at Christmas on the Today show, with Il Volo:

It will be interesting to see the makeup of her album scheduled for release in March; it is said to include songs of her own composition.

doc36

Jackie is a great talent from my hometown. She has recently been working with Robert Kinkel of Savatage and Trans-Siberial Orchestra fame. Looking forward to more from her in the future.

josh_michael

At what event will she be singing? Projected 4 billion... wow. I can't find any information about this do you have a link?

slybird

At what event will she be singing? Projected 4 billion... wow. I can't find any information about this do you have a link?

Well that's what is predicted, but you know what is predicted doesn't always work out.

Who made that prediction? Probably the same tweeter that said,"it's gonna be yuge!!" I think anyone that boasts about size is vastly exaggerating.

She is going to get a lot of hate directed at her for saying yes to this gig. I hope the money is worth it and that she is mature enough to deal with it.

josh_michael

Who made that prediction? Probably the same tweeter that said,"it's gonna be yuge!!" I think anyone that boasts about size is vastly exaggerating.

She is going to get a lot of hate directed at her for saying yes to this gig. I hope the money is worth it.

What is the gig?

josh_michael

But regarding where her career may go, I have no idea. But, no doubt that she is a great singer, and has done things already that many singers only dream of.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom