just orderd new amp from RP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Ramblin Hymns, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Ramblin Hymns

Ramblin Hymns Member

I just ordered the BM66 amp from Henry at Red Plate. I have been working with Henry since 2009. He has always been number one with me. Always straight up no bull. It never minded if I like it or not he has always shot straight. Never not gracious and polite but up front with me. That's the way I like it. Not a nose up my but, straight facts and friendly talk. Also a butt load of knowledge. More about the amp. I got a video of Hermans doing a great video of the amp. I wasn't even thinking of buying a new RP. I have 2 now; a 50 watt MDD and a Red Plate Pro 50. I also had the CDS2 but sold it because the amps I have cover all that it did. I can't wait for the BM66. It seems the be a but kicker and seemed to have some nice chime to it.

2. mrwhipple

mrwhipple Supporting Member

You're going to love that amp. Really nice tones and you can drop just about any power tube in there. I've been running a pair of Mullard EL37s in mine lately and it sounds fantastic.

3. Ramblin Hymns

Ramblin Hymns Member

My RP PRO 50 will take all the tubes from 6v6's to ET-88's. It's a sweet amp itself. I think the tweed frontend is different than the one in the BM. Ill have 3 RP's that will cover a huge amount of territory. The BM seems to have a little more chime than my other 2. The tweed sounds different too. I'll have all I will need with the other nice amps that I have. Henry has such a good vision on his amps. They seem so close but don't sound anything alike. His R&D just knows how to make the change to get just a pinpoint sound and can be so versatile. Another thing about Henry; He treats his repeat customers like they are special.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  4. mrwhipple

mrwhipple Supporting Member

Henry and Keith are really great people to work with.

All the Red Plates are quite versatile but do have their own flavor. They're dead quiet and have some of the absolute best clean tones.