Just ordered a Analogman CV7005 Sunface... (NOW WITH CLIPS)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jdawgy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Baker18

Baker18 Gold Supporting Member

I got my CV7005 Sun Face last week. It's my first fuzz and I'm really bonding with it.

2. HardPuncher56

HardPuncher56 Member

I was reading on Milke's Sunface page that most of the old NKT's were actually re-labled CV7005's, and I was wondering if that means that all of his old (now sold out) NKT's were actually CV7005's all along? I sold my white dot a few years ago, but I still have a white dot high gain, which I don't think I'll ever sell.

3. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Love my CV7005... No idea how close it is to NKT's other than what Mike has on the page, which I'm assuming is pretty dead on. As good as fuzz gets.

4. Jdawgy

Jdawgy Member

Next week will be a good one... My CV7005 Sunface should be landing at the end of the week!
    In the meantime...

5. Tramp

Tramp Gold Supporting Member

It took me years to decide I'm really not a fuzz guy, but Mike's NKT275 Sunface was far and away the best I tried over that period. If he tells you the CV is identical, it's going to be a special pedal for sure!

71strat and scolfax like this.
  6. Jdawgy

Jdawgy Member

Oh, I'm not questioning Mike or feeling uneasy at all about the purchase... as I've said before, everything I've bought new or had modded by/from Mike has never been short of amazing and spot on his description.

I had to sell my SF collection over time, and I'm overjoyed to not have to pay the current prices for the used NKT275 to get one back... :dude

I super stoked and giddy as a school girl!!!!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    JokeSmuggler, Stonebandit and Tramp like this.
  7. Stonebandit

Stonebandit Supporting Member

What is the going rate for a replacement NKT275 with those dark smoky tones?

I need to replace one with Sundial.

I had a 2010/2011. I wonder if that was an original or as pointed out in the update in fact a CV7005?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  8. Jdawgy

Jdawgy Member

The red dot NKT275 have the dark/smokey tones.

The CV7005 are identical to the white dot NKT275 according to Mike, so they would be fat and smooth with sparkly clean up... Just the opposite of the red dot.

Frostbite Slim likes this.
  9. Stonebandit

Stonebandit Supporting Member

Yeap that would be it so, I'd need to track a NKT275 Red down.

Jdawgy likes this.
  10. Jdawgy

Jdawgy Member

If you bought it new from Mike, I'd contact him and see what he says.

Couldn't hurt ;)

11. rufedges

rufedges Member

I've got a BC183 Sunface, love it. Took me some time to bond with it, had to adjust internal trim pots, but paired with my rig and some of my other pedals, really nails a great Hendrix tone.

Jdawgy likes this.
  12. bjornkom

bjornkom Supporting Member

Need to get my hands on a CV7005 and see how it stacks up! I've tried just about every sunface under the sun, including a bunch of white dot normal gains. (Sort on an obsession, I have to admit.) Covered pretty much every year of the NKT-275s, starting with their 2004 model, and it's fun to observe the variation. The low to normal to hi gain categories seem to be more of a continuum. My absolute favorite is a 2008 NKT-275 hi gain, which sound almost identical to a normal gain, just with a notch more gain on tap. It's almost like a "low hi-gain" NKT! Cleans up almost as well as normal gain. The newer hi gain NKTs seem more gainy, at least those that I've tried. Anyways, fabulous pedals, all of them! I've tried a bunch of fuzz face klones, but none as good as the Analogman NKT series. Maybe with the possible exception of ChaseTone Red Stardust, which sounds and behaves almost identical to my 2008 "low hi-gain" NKT-275. If you see one of those in the Emporium, don't hesitate. And, finally, Throbak Fuzz Haze is another fabulous contender.

13. Jdawgy

Jdawgy Member

Tracking says that my CV7005 will be here Friday :dude

I've got bass gigs this weekend (2 hours away) and this big snow storm is gonna hit...

I'm SO looking forward to chillin with it on Sunday!!!!!

I've got a session set up and will have some tones up next week.

Woooooot!

Smashies likes this.
  14. tubekingsley

tubekingsley Member

Can't wait to hear your review... I bet it's gonna sound great !

Jdawgy likes this.
  15. Jdawgy

Jdawgy Member

Thanks!, I hope to do the tones/demo some justice!

16. tubekingsley

tubekingsley Member

I concur.... Sir, your taste for face, is quite similar to mine. Red Stardust is one of very best in class, and the Sun Faces.... Speak for themselves

Jdawgy likes this.
  17. heyrobscott

heyrobscott Supporting Member

Hijacking thread to ask for help... Which Sunface would get me close to this sound?

Everyone associates SRV with a Tubescreamer, but this tone is my favorite. I was planning to get an Si fuzz for Gilmour tone, but if a Ge will get me in this Tightrope ballpark, I'll go that route.

18. freddy_von

freddy_von Member

Diaz Square Face

txbluzmn likes this.
  19. tubekingsley

tubekingsley Member

My buddy bought that early run Diaz square face off ebay last week- the one that was broken, for $250. Well, John Lyon's currently has the pedal in his possession, and it should be repaired soon. Freddy, do you know what year that pedal first became available to the general public ?

20. freddy_von

freddy_von Member

No I don't sorry. Try superslidetail he has a few of them