Just ordered a Analogman CV7005 Sunface... (NOW WITH CLIPS)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jdawgy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. OverDrivenGtr

OverDrivenGtr Supporting Member

Where is the PayPal option on buyanalogman.com??

2. freddy_von

freddy_von Member

PayPal won't work if your on a device/phone. Need to use a computer or the desktop site

OverDrivenGtr and analogmike like this.
  3. MJRII

MJRII Supporting Member

I want to jump on the CV 7005 bandwagon. This is an awesome pedal. Mine just came today from Mike. I asked that he build it with gains that would be more conducive to humbuckers, as I play a Les Paul. I have no idea what the ratings of the transistors are, but this pedal is great. I ordered it with just the sun dial. I could not be happier with it.

David Garner likes this.
  4. ccpa

ccpa Member

Update for you guys using the cv7005s with humbuckers? Thinking of picking one up

5. Stonebandit

Stonebandit Supporting Member

Also interested. Need to replace a stolen smokey low gain red NKT275.

Both HB's and P90's

6. bluesoul

bluesoul Gold Supporting Member

I scored an early version Sunlion with NKT 275 normal gain a few days ago...mint! This thread is getting me more excited about tomorrow which is nearly here....delivery day! Nice to see that Mike has more magic tranny's!

Stonebandit and friend33 like this.
  7. bluesoul

Sunlion arrived when I went home for lunch and I had about a 20 minute go with it.

It took about 20 seconds to know this is the one.
    I had a red dot a few years ago and it was nice….but this is my cup of tea.
    My go to has been an Addrock with NKT275’s….I won’t ever part with it but the Sunlion is the new king.

I really love the range between hitting sputter and clean up…the thing kills it!

And the bonus….is the Beano. Was not sure how I would like it. I was very surprised how aggressive it can be. I am a strat guy and like the low position best. On it’s own it rocks…combined with the Sunface side…new things happen. Anyone thinking about getting a Sunlion...spend a little more and just do it.

I am a happy camper! So much so, my order went in today for the CV7005 Sunface.

Mike does pedals right…what more is there to say!

chilln, analogmike and friend33 like this.
  8. KoskineN

KoskineN Supporting Member

Anyone compared the CV with the TI/UK? I got one of the later recently and love it. It has a lot of gain, but the cleanup is great.
    For the lower gain, I use my old trusty Fulltone '69, but the TI/UK got its place on my board!

flyingmusicman and friend33 like this.
  9. ccpa

ccpa Member

Nice snag on the Sunlion. Keep us posted on the sunface!

10. jm9239

jm9239 Supporting Member

Very cool. Keep us updated on the new one.

11. bluesoul

Will do. Again I want to mention, the Beano was the big surprise. It is a crunch machine on it's own....and when used with the Sunface, it helps cut through the mix
    as well as bumping the volume a tad for leads. I highly recommend for fuzz lovers to explore a Sunlion ...two great pedals in one housing that work well together. It is a no-brainer.

chilln and analogmike like this.
  12. bluesoul

My CV7005 Sunface arrived today and while I was home at lunch I had about 20 minutes to test it out. I set it up where I have my NKT275 white dot Sunlion set to...V 3:00+, F 3:00 and sundial 1:00. (Volume a little past unity to where rolling back the tone control to 8 (strat) brings it back to amp Vol.)
    Although I had limited time, I was really trying to see how close the two would be.
    And here it is: Gain is the same...clean up nearly identical(sparkle too)....range between clean and rolling the vol on the gutar up was the same. The only real difference I heard was very subtle...the CV has a slight bit more edge to it, where the NKT275's were a tad warmer and more compressed. The difference might not even be noticable unless you are directly comparing via A/B.
    So...for those who love the white dot NKT's....this one will please that crowd!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    PTH III, chilln, jm9239 and 3 others like this.
  13. M40A1

M40A1 Supporting Member

Much appreciated!

14. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Quick question about the internal trimpot. What exactly does it affect? Does it change the range of the fuzz knob? Is it controlling the same thing as the Sundial?

Just a little confused on the function. When I opened it up, I tried turning the trimmer, but it was all the way counter clockwise. After reading up a bit on adjusting the trimpot and the results others have had, I'd like to experiment with it if possible.

15. Tiny Montgomery

Tiny Montgomery Supporting Member

It controls the input gain. It's essentially like a preset version of the volume knob of the guitar. The sundial controls the bias of the transistors.

DewieCox and Stonebandit like this.
  16. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I have a 2007 Low gain Nkt275 white dot Sunface but it has a Q and a G on the top of the transistors.. not sure what that means. Anyone? Mike?

It cleans up amazingly well and sounds almost as good a 2006 low gain nkt I had before.. sadly sold it to get a Sunlion and I decided to go a different route and had to buy another sunface and somehow it lacked a little of the mojo. Goes to show that fuzz pedals can have a very personal and different character to them that's different to even the same year and identical pedals.

Im really interested in a Ti/Uk version.. so it has a brighter attack? How else does these two different trannys differ?

17. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

The TI/UK doesn't clean up as clean as the NKT. Tonally, it is close to the high gain NKT's. I really like the TI/UK version, as I always found the standard white dot NKT to be too low gain. I am fighting GAS to try the CV7005 Sunface. I just got a Rotoface from Paul Trombetta, and it is an amazing fuzz, so I don't NEED another Fuzz Face. But... what does NEED have to do with most gear purchases around here?

chilln and BluesHarp like this.
  18. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Cool...seems like dialing it back some could work out for me.

Gonna follow the instructions on AM's and see what happens.

19. Pedal Dan

Pedal Dan The Island of Misfit Pedals

After hearing all the good reviews of these...

I want to try one!

20. ccpa

ccpa Member

I dont need another fuzz pedal...
    I dont need another fuzz pedal...