Just ordered a Analogman CV7005 Sunface... (NOW WITH CLIPS)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jdawgy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Frostbite Slim

Frostbite Slim Member

Got my shipping notification today....

My Sunface should be here Monday...STOKED!!

AnalogMike and crew are the bomb

earwax and analogmike like this.
  2. Frostbite Slim

Frostbite Slim Member

Got it yesterday and am really liking it! It's the bomb for smooth fuzz tones and beautiful sustain. Clean up is just about perfect on my Strat Vol knob, and the dynamics are superb :)

So now the Rub (not really)....I find myself wanting/needing more Bass response. Anyone else experience this too with a Strat?

After realizing this "need", I contacted Mike (Thanks Amigo) and he replied that one way to "remedy" this was to swap the .01uf Output Cap with a .1uf. The bigger cap will add back some bass. So naturally, I went searching through older threads to find any info on this others may have had. I discovered that somewhere around 2004-2005 (?), Mike started offering a Sunface with a bit less bass due to customer feedback. I believe this soon became the "Stock" Sunface circuit as we know it today.

I read also, that the mod to add back the bass was the Doyle Mod? Mike, can you add any info to this?

So, anyone have Mike perform or DIY this "Doyle Mod", and what were/Are the results? Was it too much bass, or spot on?

Oh yeah...here's some pics of her :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Frostbite Slim

Frostbite Slim Member

Was hoping to hear from a few folks before I try the Doyle Bramhall II mod to the Sunface.

4. jimk4003

jimk4003 Member

For the PSU vs battery thing, try one of these: http://www.thegigrig.com/virtual-battery-vb-dc-c2x17796183

They sit in-line on your 9VDC power lead; unplug the DC jack from the pedal, plug it into the Virtual Battery, plug the Virtual Battery back into the pedal.

Analogman actually fulfils US orders on behalf of the GigRig, and they really work; sounds just like running off a battery, without the hassle.

I use one with my CV7005 Fuzz Face clone (not an Analogman) and it sounds identical to when used with a battery.

Prince likes this.
  5. Frostbite Slim

Frostbite Slim Member

All done. I opted to change the Volume pot on my Sunface to a 500K ( Original Arbiter value) , in lieu of the .1uf Output Cap. LOVE the added Bass (not too much) and overall Fullness with my Strat this "mod" provided!

I can't say everyone would like like it, but for my taste and Rig, it's the Bomb!!

Thanks Mike for all the help and insight...and for an AWESOME pedal!!

Here it is on the Board...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    rickfish99 and analogmike like this.
  6. 71strat

71strat Member

Heres the guts of my Feb/2004 White Dot Sunface/Sundial. I cant tell you what the pot values are.

[​IMG]

rickfish99 likes this.