• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Just ordered a brand new Timmy in surf green

jnam

The magic of the Timmy is in the EQ section. Use these instructions from Paul in another thread to dial it in.

Try starting like this for dialing in dirt - set the bass and treble to full cut (5 o'clock). This will give it a tight/midrangy sound. Bring the gain up to taste, and then roll the treble back in (counter clockwise) to put the edge you're looking for back on top. Then roll the bass back in if you need a little more.

If you have any problems feel free to call me. 615-896-8555

PaulC
Timmy pedals
You can use it as a Transparent OD ("your amp but more"), a boost, a midrange focused OD, a subtle tone-sweetener to add some top end sparkle, or use the EQ as an HPF and LPF for other pedals you're stacking it with.

Couldn't be more different than the OCD.

papersun

^ that's pretty much exactly how i use mine. volume up, touch of gain, cutting almost all the bass out of my stupidly dark wide range humbuckers. before my king of tone.

MRscratch

Great thanks guys. I'm a low gain guy anyway. I like that grit but not too heavy.
I have a few I like
OCD
GT 500
soul bender
Plimsoul
RAH
Archer Ikon
And a slew of old ibanez and boss pedals
I always come back to the OCD and the GT for gigs
How is the tone, or lack thereof different in the Timmy?

Resonate01

I enjoyed the Timmy when I had it, seemed to me like it was literally my amp with some sizzle to it.

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
Had a GT-500 and a Timmy at the same time, very different pedals. Tried my best to like the GT, did not work at all how I'd hoped.
Timmy stayed a lot longer, and then I discovered Amptweaker.
All my drive, fuzz, and tremolo/vibe needs handled in spades.
Now that my needs are taken care of, it's freed me up to take my time to try things I like or are interested in at a much more relaxed pace.
I will own another Timmy soon, but there's not that urgency like before where I needed drives that worked for me live in a loud rock 2 guitar band.

MRscratch

Had a GT-500 and a Timmy at the same time, very different pedals. Tried my best to like the GT, did not work at all how I'd hoped.
Timmy stayed a lot longer, and then I discovered Amptweaker.
All my drive, fuzz, and tremolo/vibe needs handled in spades.
Now that my needs are taken care of, it's freed me up to take my time to try things I like or are interested in at a much more relaxed pace.
I will own another Timmy soon, but there's not that urgency like before where I needed drives that worked for me live in a loud rock 2 guitar band.
What was it about the GT you did not like?
I think it's one of the most versatile pedals out there!! Love two in one. It's my touring pedal.

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
Sounded dead, lifeless, just couldn't get a tone I liked out of it. Les Paul with humbuckers into an Ampeg 120 tube combo, Vox AC30, and Hiwatt DR504, didn't work with any of them. Got lost in a live mix at a few different shows and many rehearsals. Tried all the switches and settings on it and it was just very uninspiring to play.
I really wanted to like it.

mr zurkon

I use my Timmys (Timmi?) as pure clean boost - volume all the way up. Maybe turn the treble back a little if needed for certain guitars.

Pazz

Just remember that the tone knobs are "reversed". They are cuts, so all the way counter-clockwise is full open. As you got clockwise you're cutting those frequencies.

Timmy is a great pedal. as mentioned above, it can drive if it is first, then it can be a great EQ if placed last. So, go ahead and get two! LOL

MRscratch

Sounded dead, lifeless, just couldn't get a tone I liked out of it. Les Paul with humbuckers into an Ampeg 120 tube combo, Vox AC30, and Hiwatt DR504, didn't work with any of them. Got lost in a live mix at a few different shows and many rehearsals. Tried all the switches and settings on it and it was just very uninspiring to play.
Weird. I love it. The inductor mid sweep is Awesome on it. Anyway, I guess just me and Sonny Landreth like it ;)

MRscratch

You can expect a green Timmy.
It will sound drier and more open than the OCD.
A green one? I guess. Sea foam green is the one I bought.
So far all pedals have sounded pretty great. The Ikon is my least favourite for home playing. That is the OCD's job
I like that touch of gain sound on my Harvard.
I want something to bring out the ooomph in my 45410 Vicky.
Great amp but a little flat.

MRscratch

A green one? I guess. Sea foam green is the one I bought.
So far all pedals have sounded pretty great. The Ikon is my least favourite for home playing. That is the OCD's job
I like that touch of gain sound on my Harvard.
I want something to bring out the ooomph in my 45410 Vicky.
Great amp but a little flat.
At Lower volumes I mean

my experience was similar, it seemed like the perfect match for my AC30 but did nothing for me

The EQ is the most useful part. The way he pedal clips sounds unnatural and fatiguing. Used as a boost it was alright though, but not good enough to keep.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom