Just Ordered a Loop Junky on a whim

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by shawntp, Aug 8, 2008.

1. shawntp

shawntp Member

I was surfing ebay this morning and saw a Loop Junky with AC plate BIN for $299 so I decided to jump on it to give it a try. Ive been wanting to check this out for a while but every time I step into a ZVEX shop they dont seem to have this one pedal in stock.

I used to have a Boss RC2 - and I LOVED the ability to jam out and fudge around but the pedal seemed to deaden my otherwise good pedal board so my leads were lifeless in tone and I sold it.

The Loop Junky (from what Ive read) should keep my main (no-looped) signal pretty unchanged right?

One thing I also didnt like about the RC2 is it seemed to get too busy whenever I layered anything and always did one track in the back and thats it ...seems like the loop junky is an ideal solution to let your playing stand out more while keeping a trippy mojo-filled junky backing riff.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. KazJY

KazJY Member

Congrats on the purchase. I JUST saw that this morning, and was thinking about it, but didn't want to put it on a credit card. Let us know how you like it.

Back to the regularly scheduled thread...

3. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Member

I've been interested in this pedal for a long time, too. Keep us posted.

4. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Member

Congrats man! Always wanted to try one.

5. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i'm in the same boat, traded for one on whim cause i've heard but never tried it. a friend of myne out west used it exclusively as his looper/ambient feel, and it was killer!!! so i'm stoked, but at the same time preparing my woeful goodbyes should it push my DL4 off my board :(

6. rileykill

rileykill Member

It's an analog looper ... how could it not be awesome? I had one on my board for a while. Great pedal. The loop is, of course, grainy and modulated but the "main" signal is clean as a whistle.

7. itgoesto11uc

itgoesto11uc Member

I've been interested in these for a long time and finally bought one recently. I have a Jam Man, Boss RC20, DL4 and now the Loop Junky. I usually tend to use a looper a lot when I first get it and then it ends up sitting around. The Loop Junky is small enough and with it being true bypass, I may put it on my board and may use it more if it's on there. I'm enjoying it a lot right now.

8. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I owned one for a while, it's pretty cool. It's a trip to save the loop, come back a week later and it's still there! 23 seconds is a little short for the stuff I like, so in the end I went back to my Boomerang. It was very effective, though, true bypass and the unaffected tone was fine. I think you'll love it if you can live with 23 sec. If you want to find out on the cheap, that's the same length of time you get with an Akai Headrush!

9. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

It's definitely a cool pedal, but I'm not sure it's meant to be something for a person seriously interested in loops. No overdub function? No multiple loops?

I might buy one to grab the signals from my echoplex and give them so weeeiird analog effects. Very fun graphics too.