1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just ordered a OD100 Classic Plus!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Melodic Dreamer, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Just ordered a Custom Audio Electronics Classic + from Rocket Music in Virgina. I can not wait to get it. I traded my Flexi and some cash for it. I'm so stoked guys!!!!

Tell me what I have to look forward too.

2. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

Switch your order to an SE + and you have a lot to look forward to.:BEER:BEER

3. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

I'm not that into the super high-gain stuff.
    Think guys like (Landau, Scoot, EJ, Trucks and the heaviest I'll go is Kotzen). The Classic should be okay for this stuff.

I'll still be using my THD 2X12 for my main cab. Anyone use one of these with their OD?

4. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

Landau and Scott use an SD9 to give them the distortion tones. The SE+ can get those tones without a distortion pedal and go way beyond. Can't lose either way.

5. kurtsstuff

kurtsstuff Member

What Steve said....:dude

6. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

lol, Thats why I got the Classic Plus. The voice and the amount of gain.
    It has gain, but not that insane compressed amount.

7. mlynn02

mlynn02 Member

i have an od50 classic plus. it's real sweet, and has plenty of gain for me. big, pushed-plexi tones on ch 2 and hit that with an od/boost or dist pedal. you can't beat it. channel 1 is incredible as well. i could live on that channel alone in fact. takes pedals amazingly well, and actually, with the boost feature can give me as much gain as i'd ever need. very flexible amp that can cover a wide range of tones.

congrats on your purchase, i often wish i had gone for the 100w! but i aquired the amp through a local deal with another forum member and the price was right!

8. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Sound great!
    How much gain/volume boost is there when the boost is engaged on ch2? Is it drastic or just a little?

9. mlynn02

mlynn02 Member

more than a little, but drastic may be an overstating it. let's say you would certainly know if you accidentally hit the boost button, but no one else around you would really notice you made a mistake. i guess it's hard to really quantify something like that. rough estimate...it gives a push similar to 2.5 clicks on the gain and 1/2 a click on the vol.

10. photios

photios Member

congrats bro...I had an SE+ for a bit...I still miss it and someday soon would really like to try the Classic

11. bailnout

bailnout Member

Man, I don't think you can go wrong with ANY of the versions of that amp. That said, I'd get the SE+ too, but I can be a gain freak somtimes.

12. justonwo

justonwo Member

You made a great decision getting an OD-100. THE best amp I've ever played. I haven't played the Classic+, but I love my SE+.

Oh, and by the way, the clean channel is AMAZING.

13. justonwo

justonwo Member

Here's my gushing review, by the way.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=337364

Also, just to be clear, one of the great things about the SE+ is that even at high gain, you don't get much compression. It retains it's touch sensitivity. That's what makes it so much fun to play.

14. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Thank you very much. I have wondered that for awhile. Sounds about perfect. What is the demensions of the OD?