Just ordered an Eternity OD... what should I expect?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PSaulino, Jun 14, 2006.

1. PSaulino

PSaulino Silver Supporting Member

Just ordered an Eternity OD... what should I expect?

Ordinarily I hate posts like this, but I've come full circle on my ODs of late and am looking for something new. What should I expect of the Eternity?

TX
    Paul

2. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

A HOLY experience.
    Seriously, the Eternity sounds so good, and so many different settings, you should expect to be ordering another! ;)
    It melds with amp and guitar. Puts its stamp on your sound, but like I mentioned, its a holy stamp. Congrats.

3. drolling

drolling Member

Oh yeah - lot's of fans here @ TGP.

It's a lively sounding pedal compared to the legions of smoother, darker, mid-rangey TS variants.

Can be used as a treble booster and the gain goes from light breakup all the way to the edge of full blown distortion, depending on the op-amp you're using. It comes w/a stock *mystery chip*, but I've got a TL072ACN in mine.

This is one of those 'amp-like' pedals that responds to pick attack and cleans up w/use of the guitar's volume control.

One of my all-time faves..

What are you presently using?

4. PSaulino

PSaulino Silver Supporting Member

What are you presently using?[/quote]

Depends on the amp... I'm a single coil guy who likes to use ODs to fatten up the bridge PU, boost the neck PU (like everyone else). The practice amp is a Princeton Reverb II and I LOVE the Keeley BD-2 with that amp; gigs can be the PRII plus a Groove Tubes Soul-O45 or just the SO 45; I like the BD-2 with that setup and also an MI Tube Zone. Will also do a pair of BD-2s together with either setup. Lately too I have been gravitating to a Super Reverb Frankenamp 1x12 that a local tech slapped together for me, it's very fat and fast sounding, and only the TZ or an Xotic BB sounds good with that. With zero feedback engaged, it's aggressive in a seductive way, requires much more playing nuance to control and I think I like that.

Gee, I thought it was going to be a short answer (heh)

P.

5. el34power

el34power Member

... not being able to make your next car payment;)

6. newstrat60

newstrat60 Member

I understood that Sean designed the E with a Strat and Fender amps... but i could be wrong

I have one, a strat and a Blues Jr, love it because it melts very nice with :

- the amp set clean for rythm light OD purposes, at low volumes : the sound of your amp/guitar doesnt disappear...

- my fuzz factory in front of it

... and, as it has been stated, it is a goog pedal for leads

7. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

I would tend to believe that. I find that the Eternity sounds best with a somewhat "skinny" setting on the amp. I use a tele and a Top Hat Club Royale, and I find that the E works best with a nice bright sound on the amp, not too much in the lower mids. But when you find the sweet spot, it is truly magical IMO.

8. flicker180

flicker180 Member

i ordered one pre-TGP crashing and have just followed up with Sean to see the status of it.

dave

9. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

... to order one or two more!!:dude

It's an extremely versitile pedal. Can be used to goose an amp, as a stand alone chrunch box into clean amp (even almost a distortion pedal). The treble boost control is really well voiced and the OD literally goes from just a bit of clip to medium gain distortion. All this while still having that "cleanish" type of OD we love about the classic OD's.

It is easily my favorite pedal...:AOK

10. enickma

enickma Member

A bunch of pissed off neighbors

The louder you turn it up, the better it sounds. I basically play a Les Paul and Strat most of the time, and most of my pedals sound significantly better with one guitar over another ... or you have to significantly EQ the pedal when changing axes. The E sounds awesome through anything at the same settings. It's kind of magical