Just ordered the Blackheart

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Sid, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Sid

Sid Member

After hearing all the soundclips and some killer ones here, I decided Ive spent much more on overdrive pedals and decided to order the head+cab:D

The demo piece was sold in the shop, so I havent even tried the amp yet!!

What can I expect as a bedroom amp?

If I get 2 sets, is it helpful for gigging and jams?

cheers
    Sid

2. Sid

Sid Member

no love(ironic?)

3. Spudman

Spudman Member

I've had mine for some time now and I can say that you'll love it. It has a much more open big dollar sound than the Epi Valve Jr. which sounds boxy to my ears. It has become my go-to real guitar amp now when recording at home. Otherwise I use a Vamp Pro or Pod XT. It takes pedals really well and just records great. You'll have no regrets. I'm also pumping mine into a 120 watt single 12 Eminence speaker. I like that better than my vintage Celestion 1x12. Good investment in my opinion.

4. eru

eru Member

The videos are promising and I was highly impressed with some of Crate's other budget-minded class a tube amps, so I'd expect it to be on the impressive side for the price.

With the pentode/triode switch, bedrooms might be useable, but based on my valve junior, even 3W would probably be pretty loud for a bedroom if you want a tube overdrive/breakup tone....and basically unusable in the bedroom if you want an all-out rock tone out of it.

5. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I'm waiting for the 15 W, but I was really impressed with the 5 W.

You can beat a Belov design.

6. Sid

Sid Member

niiice...now im excited....I use pedals to push my 5w amps so it should not be a problem to get some gain going.....:D...I wanted to know...will 2 blackhearts make a difference? from the point of view of enough volume for a gig?sounds like such a stupid question in my head but i still cant answer it:eek: