Just ordered the Lava ELC pedalboard kit...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JMarck, Mar 28, 2008.

1. JMarck

JMarck Member

...and I can't wait! This will be the first time I have had anything other than George L's on the board. If you have the kit, what do you think of them?

2. mewithoutlouie

mewithoutlouie Member

I use them. At first I put them together wrong and then I reread the instructions and it was really easy. They sound a lot better than George L's and Mark's service is top notch.

You won't regret buying them.

3. rhcp_schipper

rhcp_schipper Member

I also use lava pedalboard kit. Great cables, very easy in use!

4. onemanbland

onemanbland Member

I ordered the kit as well as some 'guit->pedalboard' and 'pedalboard->amp' Lavas. Problem is, the pedalboard is on order, so I've got a bag of stuff that I'm excited to put together and try out, but nothing to put it all together on.

Patience is not a virtue I know well...

Though, I've gotta say, I've noticed a huge difference in the sound just with the two new cables, and that's without my board wired up with the same!

5. thewex

thewex Member

haha i just ordered my kit this morning too! Hosa's be gone! Will be a big upgrade for me-- I've got no name GC cables going from pedals->amp guitar->pedals right now.

6. JMarck

JMarck Member

lol nice. Yeah, it should be a great upgrade from the reviews have said!

7. Gomez315

Gomez315 Member

Do you guys use the straight end plugs they use or do they offer right angle? I'm set on buying these but I don't know if the straight end is going to work for my setup.

8. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

The ends are only offered in straight ends, but they can be used to fit as tightly as GL's. I like the ends because you just put together the right length and they work without having to line up the rt. angles in the right direction.
    I think you'll notice a difference from the GL's, I did. And, I upgraded my gtr>board>amp cables to Lava ELC also. I am verysatisfied with my cables at this point.

9. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

I recently put together a new pedal board using the Lava kit. I could not be happier with the sound and look. Once I built one the rest was pretty easy. There are much more consistent than George L's. I also tried the new Evidence Monorail. It is a touch thicker than George L and it difficult to correctly fit it into the plugs. It proved to be a frustrating problem. It does have a good sound, but different from the Lava. I am also using the Lava ELC for my instrument cables. They are well made and have a very nice, even, balanced sound. All frequencies are there, some you may not be hearing and some you may have previously had too much of are reduced or smoothed.
    Mark is a great guy to deal with.