Just picked up a PRS Singlecut SE - wow!!

Lution

I was pleasantly surprised with the fit and finish of these lower level PRS guitars. I really liked the finish. Smooth feeling all over and I couldn't find any issues anywhere. It just oozed quality. The feel is really nice too. I've heard the Singlecut SEs sport a neck thats somewhere between wide fat and wide thin. Whatever it is it is very comfy and very fast. The volume and tone knobs were a happy surprise. They have just the perfect amount of taper and range.

I got mine from GC on Saturday. I played a few and they all seemed pretty consistent, but there was one that just sounded a little better and played a little better than the rest.

Took her home and cleaned her up. The fretboard was real dirty and the strings were too so I took em off, cleaned up the fretboard and applied some fret doctor to the board. After new strings and intonation and neck relief tweaks I plugged her into my XTC 101B. Sounds really good and plays great. These guitars are a real bargain for their price.

I'm starting to mess with the pickup heights as I think they both were up a bit high... the cleans were really loud and the distorted tones were very compressed sounding so I lowered them some. Getting better. I might have to lower them a bit more.

Any suggestions for pickup height? Any others with similar stories with their PRS SE guitars?

Here's my new PRS SC SE :AOK

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

bassbuster33

I have one in black cherry and I love it. Perfect intonation and great tone.

I thought the pickups were a bit muddy through my Valve Jr. I took it over to a friend of mine and ran it through a Marshall 100 Plexi clone and it came alive. Killer '70s rock tone. The pickups are staying and I am going to add a new amp to the mix instead.

Great guitar. Hard to believe the price.

Lution

I have one in black cherry and I love it. Perfect intonation and great tone.

I thought the pickups were a bit muddy through my Valve Jr. I took it over to a friend of mine and ran it through a Marshall 100 Plexi clone and it came alive. Killer '70s rock tone. The pickups are staying and I am going to add a new amp to the mix instead.

Great guitar. Hard to believe the price.

That's exactly how I feel. I keep saying to myself "No way This guitar was under $600 bucks?"

PRS is doing it right!

KCWM

I dig those SE Singlecuts and Soapbars. I did have a PRS Santana SE that was pretty nice too.

DamianL

Excellent guitars and no doubt...

I wish this kind of thing had been around when i started learning...:rolleyes:

NortheastHick

I got a SE eg sss for closeout less than $250.00..I cant believe the high quality of it...The gigbag alone is probably worth $100...great stuff..next up is the soapbar model i think..

BIGGERSTAFF

These guitars are killer values, with very good quality right off the shelf. Even if you upgrade the electronics/pickups, you still have a very reasonably priced guitar, that's built very well.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom