Just placed an order on Dr. Scientist pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by williamh, Oct 8, 2006.

1. williamh

williamh Supporting Member

A dr.scientist radical red reverb pedal, and a dr scientist cosmichorus pedal. Hopefully they should be here by the end of the month. I'll give a report once I have them. I'm excited about them.

2. Wilbo26

Wilbo26 Member

We've heard nothing but good things about the reverb so far where I come from. Good luck and can't wait to hear how it works for ya!

3. williamh

All I can say is that if their product is anywhere even close to the quality of their customer service, I'm going to be in tone heaven. These guys are amazing to deal with. They have been incredibly patient, and kind to me through the whole process(a large series of emails exchanged). They seem to really want to get their product out to the people, and to make their customers completely happy with their order.

4. williamh

a bump, because I'm curious to see if anyone on the board has picked up one of their pedals since the last thread about them.

5. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

Still waiting on my RRR. For some reason, it's MIA in the mail somewhere. :( But I'm sure i'll get it sooner or later. They seem like a standup operation to me. Great communication. Nice folks. I can't wait to try it out.

6. theanalogfuture

theanalogfuture Member

Dude, those are the exact two pedals I want from dr. Scientist!

7. gururyan

gururyan Member

I ordered a RRR too.

8. TDavis

TDavis Member

Has anyone tried the Dr Scientist Sunny Day Delay?

9. Franklin

Franklin Member

I've been digging the idea of the Sunny Day Delay myself.....

Gas-holes!!

10. Wilbo26

Wilbo26 Member

I only know of one person that has the Delay, and he hasn't had a chance to use it much. The clips I heard sounded great, kinda like more hi-fi version of the Deluxe Memory Man.

11. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

Mine too:( was one of the early batch to order, and i only had three of the seven pedals arrive. Still waitin' on the others....

They're stand up though. I'm sure it's just takin' a bit or somethin':)

12. gururyan

gururyan Member

I got an update on my RRR, the part that is holding them up is finally back in stock and should be shipping to them momentarily.

I can't wait, I have many sounds in my head I think it will do.

13. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

Yeah, I don't want to speculate too much because it's not really clear where the pedal is at right now. But i'm confident that they'll take care of the situation. :AOK

14. fetuspetus

fetuspetus Member

I orderd a sunny day delay and radical red reverb. I'm waiting on both of them right now, and I'm very excited.

Ben

15. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Gas-holes!

My new favorite term.
    Thanks for that, Franklin.

Gas-holes!

16. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

Hey, just wanted to update and say that my RRR arrived in the mail today. So, i'm pretty glad about that. I had ordered it as part of their September sale. I won't get a chance to try it out until later on tonight.

17. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

I'm awaiting a Sunny Day Delay. I have a DMM already and am curious to see how they compare. I'm hoping they're complimentary but not too much alike. The longer delay time of the SDD will be nice.

taco

18. sambou

sambou Member

We're working really hard on catching up, we didnt expect the kind of response we got in september! And we're moving our shop into a house this week so then we'll be able to work alot more effeciently.

Spydog, I dont know why you only received one box of the 2 we sent. I'm on it.

Everyone else sit tight, you WILL get your pedals.

19. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

Yeah, thanks a lot! I really appreciate everything you all did. Tell Ryan thanks for me (AL) as well just in case he didn't get the e-mail I sent him earlier today.

20. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

Here's a pseudo review that I e-mailed to Dr. Scientist and I've pretty much copied and pasted it here verbatim just to let you all know what I think of the RRR.

First off, the pedal is beautiful to look at. It's very unique and stands out on my pedalboard. It's seems to be really sturdy as well. You can tell a lot of work went into making it. I like the detented pot used to switch between verb settings. Oh, and you can switch between decay times, when you flick the 2 way switch, it makes a neat sound kind of like bumping into an amp that has a reverb tank inside it. I thought that was a nice touch. I also think that the mix and level knobs are extremely interactive and allow you to tweak the verb to be as subtle or over the top as you want which is great! On some effects the knobs really aren't always that useful but on the Reverberator the knobs make the effect very diverse. It seems that if the mix knob is maxed out your sound becomes enveloped in verb and it becomes muffled like hearing underwater. Depending on how creative you are and what notes or chords you play, you can get some really frightening or other worldy sounds out of it. Doing volume swells with the mix knob maxed out sounds pretty cool. Oh, another thing I noticed is how well it interacts with other pedals. It makes other effects sound HUGE! I noticed that my wah pedal sounded awesome with it on. The sweep of the wah was more full and it was more vocal. Delay sounds great mixed with the Reverberator as well. I'm not sure what's inside the pedal but it seems to give your signal a bit of kick in the pants to your amp. I've only had it for a matter of hours but I already have three settings that I really like (There's 8 settings total) Hall 2, Room 3 and Plate 3. These are just my initial impressions.

I will be giving DSS more business in the future since i'm really happy with my first pedal from them. :)