Just received my Maxon AD999

Jafo

I've been playing with it a little trying to tweak up a nice, classic "slap-back" type of echo.

Would some of you guys mind posting some of your favorite settings (including slap back)? So far, I really like this pedal.

Thanks.

PedalFreak

Silver Supporting Member
I love mine, have had it a couple years. Couple days ago I turned it on and it won't come on now :( I've got to send it to maxon to have them fix it.

Jennman47

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats on pickup the AD-999, brother...of course YMMV but my favorite slap back setting on the Maxon is:

Delay Time: 10:30

Repeat: 9:00

Delay Level: 1:30

You may have to tweek it to your tastes but you should find kick ass slapback closely within that range

You cant go wrong with either the 900 or 999 Maxon delay - both are dripping with vintage sound

TanquerayCowboy

Agree with Jennman's settings, although I back off the level somewhat. Keeping the time at 9, repeat at 11, and level at noon is all the "reverb" I want. Don't miss it on my amp.

mad dog

Gold Supporting Member
Mine sounds great too. Sounded great. Dropped it on the tile floor last week. GRRR!!! My favorite settings with that pedal are

Delay time: 12 oclock
Repeats: 9 oclock
Delay Level: 10:30

Jafo

Jennman47, great slap-back setting. Thanks. And thanks for the other replies.

I stumbled upon a nice Pink Floydish (Run Like Hell/The Wall) type setting that I have been having fun with. It works well with double picking the low E string while working in lead licks at the same time. See if you like it:

Delay Time: 2:30
Repeats: 11:30
Delay Level: 12:30 (vary according to taste)

Trending Topics