Just saw a 71 year old dude with a Strat and two JCM 800s

Jchrisf

He was great! My wife didn't know who he was and after the first song she said "Wow, he is really good!" Tore it up the whole show.

Ringo

Silver Supporting Member
I saw Robin Trower back in the 90s, he was great, he put on a good show (outdoors and it was raining!) and sounded great too.
The videos I've seen of him playing recently, he still sounds great.

Marc Roy

Was it loud?

Edit: I really have to quit posting while trying to talk on the phone. How did I miss that?

Last edited:

Steve Hotra

Gold Supporting Member
I have my glasses off too. Thought it was Peter Frampton. Glad to see the RT is still playing. Good for him!

6Tones

Well of course you did, most young folks now a days play these 'boutiquey' things...;)

Going to see him this month stoked:)

yfeefy

killer.. the picture is good enough to tell who it is, but can you tell us if they are the single channel or split channel jcm 800?

Doesn't look like he's coming west oh well.

ak301

He played in my town last year and was amazeballs, great player one of the all time legends.

Have to say I think his lead playing is better than ever. Haven't heard the new album yet but apparently it' more rock so I'll have to order it

Jchrisf

killer.. the picture is good enough to tell who it is, but can you tell us if they are the single channel or split channel jcm 800?

Doesn't look like he's coming west oh well.
Looked like a single channel to me but I couldn't see it well

Jchrisf

What's age have to do with it ... why did you even have to mention that? (scratches head ...:confused: )
Because it blows my mind that he is that old... And is still touring the world... And is better than ever

It's not every day you see a grandfather type fellow tearing it up and ringing your ears through two JCM 800s

His gear looked brand new.

Trending Topics