Just saw David Holt at Saxon Pub

jtindle

Got to Austin late Tuesday and checked to see if any of my favorite artists would be playing. Missed David Grissom by 4 hours. Couldn't find anyone else I knew of but saw Eightysixxed listed. I knew I had heard of them so I looked them up and it was David Holt! So I got to see David play and it was great. Toward the end of David's show Malford Milligan walked in and sat down. Made my week.

thewhit

Gold Supporting Member
Good get......Austin is great for name musicians showing up and sitting in. I remember several years ago Malford, Stephen Bruton and others had a regular Monday night gig at Antones and the surprise was that there always was a surprise......in terms of great support talent drifting in to play.

There were 4-5 regulars in the band but the core players could change depending on other gigs and commitments.

gem

Cool beans.

Storyville's album " A Piece of Your Soul" got me into Grissom, Milligan and Holt (having already been aware of Layton and Shannon) but I never bought any of Davids solo stuff... yet.

AsYouSaid

Cool beans.

Storyville's album " A Piece of Your Soul" got me into Grissom, Milligan and Holt (having already been aware of Layton and Shannon) but I never bought any of Davids solo stuff... yet.
His solo album Perpetual Motion which came out in '04 is terrific - Tommy Taylor on drums (ex-Eric Johnson, Chris Geppert/Christopher Cross, among others) and Mark Andes on bass (Spirit! and Heart, of course - phenomenal bass player). The album is well worth getting, Not only is David's guitar work first-rate, but the writing is quite good (several songs David co-wrote with Bill Carter and Ruth Ellsworth).