Just saw Michael Angelo Batio in concert

Matt300ZXT

Holy cow, at like 97 years old he can still play all that stuff just as fast and clear as ever. It was a great show in a tiny venue but his new Sawtooth amps sounded pretty decent and I really dig the white superstrat he played most of the show. Since he left Dean, he jumped on board with the Sawtooth guys and I dug his guitars.

sedawkgrep

Gold Supporting Member
Not the biggest fan but appreciated his over the top shenanigans.

Glad he’s still playing shows.

RRfireblade

Where did you See him at? He was just here a week or so, played a club we normally play regularly, so it was a cool experience to meet him.

GiorgioV

MAB must be one of the nicest guys in the business. He’s always so polite ad thorough during interviews. And that’s why I’ll always be a fan even tho I don’t listen to that type of old school shred 24/7.

monty

A cool cat and a beast of a player, wish he would come around these parts.

Radius

My old band did a gig at a venue with several rooms and He was playing the main room. We helped him load in and got to talk with him quite a bit. One of the nicest, humble dudes I ever met. He was feeling kinda bad because he just lost his mother a few days earlier. He said he was going to pull out all the stops in honor of her. We finished our gig and caught the last half of his show. He did just that. It was an amazing thing to watch. Great show, when he had the C4 project going.

singlecutarmy

He really seems to like affordable signature gear. You can still get his Tomsline vintage OD pedal on amazon for $35. I'm not a big OD user but it sounds good to me, I typically use it to fatten up my signal.

DO NOT look up the demo video, they screwed the pooch on the audio and it sounds like they used a direct IR with no cab sim or something.

Larry Eh?

Holy cow, at like 97 years old he can still play all that stuff just as fast and clear as ever. It was a great show in a tiny venue but his new Sawtooth amps sounded pretty decent and I really dig the white superstrat he played most of the show. Since he left Dean, he jumped on board with the Sawtooth guys and I dug his guitars.
Hey, he's only 4 years older than me... and no, I'm not 93. lol

cugel

guy has an insane right hand. I mean both are great but his picking is other worldly

Matt300ZXT

Its funny cuz hes left handed, but has flawless right hand technique since that's how he plays the majority of it. He was in Chattanooga at a tiny hole in the wall called JJs Bohemia. There were a few local bands playing after him. If i were in one of those bands I'd tell everyone until the day I died how Michael Angelo Batio opened for us one night lol

Trending Topics