Just scored a Marshall JCM2000 TSL 100 head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by saxophonist56, Aug 20, 2008.

1. saxophonist56

saxophonist56 Supporting Member

hell yes, this is quite possibly the best score ever. i'm loving the crunch channel with my LP. This amp is definitely a keeper. i can't imagine getting rid of it. love the verb. definitive rock tones. i don't care if it's not point to point or the amp of the month. i like it better than the elmwood 90 i had. i would say it's better than most other amps i've ever owned ....for me.

the rivera 4x12 bonehead cab with greenbacks in it no doubt is a great match for it.

2. gregory49

gregory49 Member

hey congrats. I had a DSL50 that I loved, it was more or less a one trick pony that did one thing very well and everything else so so. Try this setting Clean channel/ with the drive button engaged. Drive and Level at 12 o clock adjust EQ to taste. That with a les paul roll back the volume for cleans was a great crunchy 70s rock kind of tone. Also with slightly different settings I used to get a better SRV Rude Mood tone with that amp then i did with anything and I own an old super reverb right now. Preatty weird eh?

3. saxophonist56

saxophonist56 Supporting Member

there is no drive button on the clean? a midboost only

also i think most amps are one trick ponies....even if they have more than one channel. usu. they do one thing really well.

4. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Better than your Elmwood 90? Good for you, nice score.

5. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Congrats! I've been through some boutique amps that I loved, but I keep ending up back with regular 'ole production Marshall stuff. I think the JCM2000 line is freaking awesome.