Just scored a SIB Varidrive

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Luca1979, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Luca1979

Luca1979 Supporting Member

I've always been curious about the Varidrive, now I've just found one locally and it's on its way to me.... I've tried virtually all the best overdrive pedal, let's see how good is this one!

BTW, anyone here has tried one?

2. mc2

mc2 Member

Tried a varidrive and red echo drive when my friend had both thru a shiva. Absolutely awesome. I have a fat drive that I love too!

3. HBob

HBob Member

I have the Varidrive, Fat Drive and Butt Face. All great pedals. You can hear the difference between different tubes in the Varidrive so try a few when you get it. Getting it was like adding a new front end to my amp. It's also very quiet - especially for a tube pedal.

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

It's a killer tube overdrive, like said above, adds a gain stage. That said, mine isn't friendly with all my amps. It seems to do well with most tweed and blond Fenders, OK with BF. I wasn't very happy with it into a vintage AC30 or Marshall. And yes, tubes make a huge difference. I've tried a number, and prefer either a GE/Sylvania 12AX7 for more american tones, or an Amperex 12AU7 for more European.

5. Loop-Master

Loop-Master Member

Great and very versatile drive pedal!