Just took a chance on an MF closeout Bad Cat

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by pine, Jan 30, 2015.

1. pine

pine Silver Supporting Member

They have Bad Cat Cougar 15s for $499 shipped. I know they aren't made in USA, but the price was too good to pass up. Anyone know what I may be in for as far as quality, etc.?

2. markstullkc

markstullkc Member

Mine has been bulletproof with one year a gigging. No issues. Great little amp.

3. mixn4him

mixn4him Supporting Member

Great deal on these, that seems to be the going price every couple of months. Just keep the Presence off and these amps sound great! I keep waiting for a used one to pop up at $350...

4. Aslan

Aslan Supporting Member

These are excellent amps that sound amazing, they are not a exact copy of a Bad Cat, they have their own sound. They are very solidly built, the effects loop works very well, I run mine with a Bad Cat Unleash and have played for groups as large 300-400 in ballrooms with this rig and had power to spare. The amps do have a bit of hum but It is not a problem when gigging. Pretty soon people will start posting and lamenting about the fact that the amps are made in China, just remember that they're typing these complaints on keyboards & screens made in China.

5. pine

pine Silver Supporting Member

I just got mine, and I have to agree with you, love the fact that they took a "little" amp and kept it in a normal size cab, which makes the V30 sound bigger, with more low end response. The sound is very clear with a lot of definition and at position two on the tone knob has just the right amount of crunch. Very slight hiss which doesn't bother me. Really sounds good with a strat or a tele. I agree with the previous post about keeping the presence knob down. For $500, shipped, I'll give it a big thumbs up, great value.