Just Tried Amplitube 4 On Ios...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by marliess, May 19, 2015.

1. marliess

marliess Member

and pretty impressed in the 20 mins or so I could sneak in without wife noticing. Tone wise, it will give bias et al a run for their money in the IOS ecosystem. I also don't think it would be left with its pants down next to my G3 or RP360.
    Things I liked...immediate and positive improvement in sound from last version (according to IK, same processing algorithms found in desktop version of amplitube); free update with all IAPs carrying over; two fx slots available post amp.
    Thinks I didn't like...still no possibility of running without a cab.
    Worth a whirl if you've dabbled with amplitube IOS in the past but dropped it as it fell behind the competition. Looking forward to spending more time with it.

2. mac jones

mac jones Member

This looks really great. Its about time they did something. The new iPad Air 2s are more serious than the app they had for it IMHO. (Of course, I should probably listen to it to get a better idea :D )

Update: Ok I tried it. It sounds pretty good, but I only tried some clean stuff. The drummer thing is pretty good actually (for what it is). The interesting thing i've found is the new looper. Now, it looks and acts so much like Loopy, they either just decided 'borrow' it outright, or they have a deal going. You will see what I mean. One very depressing thing is you can't use the Loopy at the same time as the drummer. I guess that would tax the thing to much, which makes sense.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. Peter - IK

Peter - IK Member

Thanks for the kind words, we've worked very hard on this and feel that bringing the same exact desktop DSP to iOS was the best way to really set fire to the iOS amp sim game! http://www.ikmultimedia.com/at4ios

4. misa

misa Supporting Member

Would be pretty cool if things moved towards having all prior desktop Custom Shop purchases/models available in iOS. I'll be looking forward to checking out the update.

5. Zacflame

Zacflame Member

I thought the same thing, the amps i played were every bit good as bias fx if not better and i just dropped thirty clams on it, free upgrade for IK,(classy) although i havent been able to get it work since, not sure what the problem is, also it wont import my orange amps, i bought those amps and dont think i should have to pay again, another thing is i own several of their apps listed in the all in for 49.99 , there must be someway to buy at a cheaper rate, only the one's i dont have, Also the recorder daw is really nice....

6. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

I love Amplifire 3 on desktop, but on iOS it took the wind out of my sails when I bought all the expansions for iPad, sold my iPad when I got the iPhone 6, then the Amplitube expansions didn't work for iPhone. It seems like robbery to make me pay for the same thing twice.

Peter - IK, is there anything you can do to help?

7. Peter - IK

Peter - IK Member

We added sharing of in-app purchases between AmpliTube apps and devices a while ago. You can follow the steps in this FAQ which should do exactly what you are looking for: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3649

8. Peter - IK

Peter - IK Member

You can run without a cab. The power button on the Cab Room page will disable that section.

9. AdInfinitum

AdInfinitum Member

Peter:

I understand iK wants to make money, but if we buy a model for the desktop, we should be able to also use it on the IPad and iPhone as well. iK allows use of desktop programs on multiple computers, so why not on IOS devices?

10. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

That seems to require having both devices (iPad and iPhone). I no longer have an iPad, and never would have dreamed I would have to re-purchase them, so I didn't realize it was a problem until the iPad was long gone.

The IK support people told me I would have to purchase them again, and that I could try my luck with Apple and get my previous iPad IAPs refunded (yeah, right). I was extremely frustrated with that response and stopped using the product as a result.