Just wanted to big up Tommy at USACG

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DrBob, Oct 20, 2008.

1. DrBob

DrBob Member

I've been keeping an eye on the "Web Specials" over at USACG for a while because I'm looking for "The Neck" as the centre piece to my Partsocaster. One of their 'Web Specials" caught my eye so I emailed with an enquiry. Tommy was straight back with all of the required info, emailed back with a follow on question, once again straight back from Tommy. Ultimately decided not to go for the web special but instead elected to hang on until I had some cash to have them build me the neck I really really want. I decide to let Tommy know about this, and am expecting maybe the response (if any ) to be a little sniffy in light of the lost sale.
    But no, I get an email back telling me that my project sounds cool and that maybe they can help me with the pricing.

I'm not even a customer yet and Tommy and USACG are already taking better care of me than the Volkswagen dealership that we've bought our last 3 new cars from.

I don"t have one yet but I will have a USACG neck soon, and if the build quality is anywhere near as good as their customer service I'm going to be bending a lot of ears about USACG.

2. K-Line

K-Line Gold Supporting Member

Start bending! Tommy is a class act and I model my business around his. He is very pleasant to deal with and only wants to get you what you want, not just make a sale. All of USACG are great to deal with and the product is above all. They have been great to me and always deliver the goods. Go forth and prosper with USACG.

3. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Staff Member Silver Supporting Member

Tommy's the man. Bought some stuff from USACG right after they opened their doors. He was also cool during the Warmoth days.

He goes way back with a guy that built me three Teles in San Diego. The necks and bodies were always top flight.

4. avincent52`

avincent52` Member

Tommy rocks.
    He set me up with fabulous brazilian board on an absolutely perfect neck.

allen

5. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

6. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

Tommy has an innate ability to identify wood that will serve the customer well, to cut it in such a way it will excel aesthetically and tonally, and could easily be the nicest guy in this business today.

If you're not buying these components and finishing and setting up your own guitars, you are missing out on a wonderful treat.

7. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

I am also a great fan of USACG. They, in my personal experience, never disappoint.

8. MikeMcK

MikeMcK Member

Tommy is a great guy and provides great products. One day I'll get a decent camera and take a pic of my USACG bastard-caster (Tele shape bolt-on, Gibson scale, maple-on-mahogany body.

I remember talking to him on the phone, and he was more excited than me over the wood he had picked for my top. When a guy's that passionate about his product, it usually turns out well for everyone. Sure did for me.

9. 62Tele

62Tele Supporting Member

+1000 - Tommy's as good as they come and their product is excellent. Building my second USACG partscaster now.

10. K-man

K-man Member

I bought a USACG neck for my strat, and promptly ordered one for my tele. Top notch stuff.