just watched my fedex driver throw my package on the floor like it was garbage

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by patshep, Jun 25, 2019.

1. patshep

patshep Supporting Member

just happened to be taking the trash out, when i saw my package coming and the guy threw it so hard, on purpose... like he was angry at the packages lol... i can't believe the way they treat stuff
    told him... i just payed $300 for that so have some respect... he looked at me like GFYS
    wow... on the phone now to complain

mAx___, muzishun, CapnRex and 7 others like this.
  2. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

Let us know how THAT goes. They don't care!

Scrapperz, Kwikrp, Cruciform and 11 others like this.
  3. time2kill

time2kill Member

How much garbage do you get for $300?
    :confused:

Just kidding.

Kizanski and Gig Young like this.
  4. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

We have a UPS and Fed Ex truck delivery here at work every morning. I've seen some sh*t. That sucks though man, that guy is a jerk

5. amstrtatnut

amstrtatnut Member

Fedex guys around here seem busy but not A-holes.

Benderp likes this.
  6. EON371

EON371 Member

[​IMG]

"Your package has been delivered" Happy new gear day!

7. Okra

Okra Member

That’s cool....

You have the right to berate them.

Masterglazier and sixstringfuel like this.
  8. sixstringfuel

sixstringfuel Hotdogs kill Silver Supporting Member

I once was shipping about 20 packages, it would have been less but the mailman didn't show up for the pick ups three days in a row. When he showed up i had them all on a cart in the drive way so he cou ld roll them easily to the truck. I heard him pull up and then i heard him cursing and kicking my packages like a two year old having temper tantrum. I quickly ran out the door and asked him wtf his problem was, he responded with "I hate my f****** job!. I lodged a complaint and never saw him again.

9. brobar

brobar Member

Every service has guys/gals like that. I had to send video of my US Postal Service driver throwing my package onto my doorstep from about 15 yards out to the USPS complaint department. Had two different cameras that picked it up and the loud THUD that went along with it slamming up against the door. The next time she delivered a package she looked at the camera and stared at it while taking 15 seconds to gently squat and lower the tiny package onto the doorstep (like a child). I thought it was funny.

My guess is she got a "you got caught throwing a package... try not to get caught anymore" talking to and that was about it. The only way to ensure the packages are handled with care is to carefully handle them yourself until their final destination (which isn't realistic for most). The second they are out of your care... they are out of your hands and you just have to *hope* people don't get stupid with your stuff.

mAx___, Eric Rowland, Lution and 2 others like this.
  10. customguitars87

customguitars87 Member

Yep unfortunately calling and complaining is an exercise in futility. I don't bother doing any of that anymore because you call and then you're on hold wasting your time and it's not like they have anything they can offer you as reimbursement...and none of these companies take driver complaints seriously. At BEST, they may reassign the driver to a different route but it's unlikely. That's what happened the time I literally took a day off to wait for an important package and watched the driver come up and put the "sorry we missed you" sign on my door because he was too lazy to take a 10 pound guitar in a box up a flight of stairs.

If you don't care about your job enough to do it right at the most basic "doin' the minimum" level, just don't do the job or go get a different one. Really frustrating to have to deal with stuff like this but this is why most sellers know to package a guitar like it's going to get dropped off at your house from the back of a passing airplane :).

abnerfm, Dashface, mAx___ and 3 others like this.
  11. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Member

My life experience is that caring enough to do the job right rarely works to one’s benefit. Hope your experience is different.

Regarding shipping in general, those conveyer belt drops way outdo the damage from careless jerks.

12. sundog964

sundog964 Supporting Member

patshep, zach sears, cugel and 5 others like this.
  13. aussie_owner

aussie_owner Member

IOI, Bhobb, niassist and 12 others like this.
  14. gunslinger

gunslinger Member

I bought some vacuum tubes and I heard them being dropped at my door. I think the package said they contained glass. It was too much for the deliverer to bend over and lay them down.

abnerfm likes this.
  15. Fishyfishfish

Fishyfishfish Member

Call the police and report that the driver was staggering and incoherent.

beatcomber, benwax, abnerfm and 14 others like this.
  16. Flying_V1968

Flying_V1968 Member

Right here. The US had an all-out race to the bottom (line) and about 99% of its citizens lost.

Sorry about your package, man - I'd be pissed too.

17. nmiller

nmiller Drowning in lap steels Gold Supporting Member

I'm sorry, but Fedex complaints are on Mondays. Tuesdays are for UPS.

[​IMG]

jrw32, Benz2112, jawajt and 11 others like this.
  18. Silent Sound

Silent Sound Member

Once again, this is why, as much as anything, that I installed security cameras around my house. They give you proof of your claim, and they give you a weapon to deploy on social media, a courtroom, or the local news station if it's bad enough. It puts some teeth in your bark when you call up to complain.

abnerfm, mAx___, Holzar88 and 4 others like this.
  19. Robert Libutti

Robert Libutti Member

I get all my stuff delivered to the office (even a 4x12 cabinet). Our UPS guy is very good (he comes to the office Xmas party, joins our NCAA pool, etc.), FedEx isn't always the same guy, but are always professional. But who knows what happens at the warehouse/loading before they deliver things.

Peppy and RYAN1987M like this.
  20. standard24

standard24 Member

Call and report him... I guess that's all you can do. To blow it off just enables that behavior.

With our society going more and more to home deliveries, I see job opportunities, and opportunities for abuses...

Last night, Amazon delivered a package to our door. The deliveryman rang the bell, and handed me the package. Good service!