Just won an Angry Charlie, what to expect?

I supose Santa really exist, i just won a JHS Angrie Charlie V3 in a giveaway... how it compares to the rat clone im currently using for high gain? can it be powered with 18? any advantages at this? how it works with clean fender twins (or BF)? any advices with the 3 band eq? too much questions?:D

Ejphotos

Silver Supporting Member
So I don't have a rat to compare, but I do have the AT (basically an angry Charlie with a few different tweaks) but I did check out the AC when I was comparing the AT and the AC. It's like a cranked JCM...really high gain. It works great with a clean Fender amp. The EQ is good, you'll find most use out of the mid control. I believe it can be run at 18.

TheRealDeal

It's a great pedal wish I had kept mine but I sold it For an arc soothsayer..I would have kept both I just didn't have room on my board for the both of them

Dian Keto

7 replies and none singing praises of AC yet? Ahhh I'll get the ball rolling

Angry Charlie good. Me like. You like. We like.

MmcGrouty

It's a high gain Marshall thing. Does it sound good? Sure. I personally wouldn't buy JHS, but you won it, so it's all good.

saltbird

It's basically designed to give a clean amp a high gain Marshall channel. That's what you should expect!

Bentayuk

I supose Santa really exist, i just won a JHS Angrie Charlie V3 in a giveaway... how it compares to the rat clone im currently using for high gain? can it be powered with 18? any advantages at this? how it works with clean fender twins (or BF)? any advices with the 3 band eq? too much questions?:D

It will be much more high gain than the Rat clone. It all about the hot-rodded JCM tone. IMO, it's one of the best MIAB pedals out there. At least the V2 was, I haven't actually played a V3 yet. Don't know about voltages, I think it's just 9v, like most JHS pedals. It will be excellent with your Fender; a perfect pair!
Enjoy! ....and let us know what you think!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom