Did the mod. ...and I like it. Getting the chassis to let go of the main board was a bit of a chore (I choose to desolder the little blue C83 cap and completely remove it). All-in-all, 45 minutes including a bias check and head shell swap. I recommend taking it to your tech if you are not amp electronics savvy. I did not record anything...someone else can do that. The mod seemed to do the following: - Smoothed out OD-1/-2 (I think). - Remapped the gain on OD-1/-2 which now allows you to turn-up the gain in OD-1/-2 to get a fuller sound...without the hyper gain and squeal to go with it. I don't trust my ears to say any more...although I seem to like the sound of each gain-controlled channel better. However, this could be my mind playing tricks on me. I like it...and I'm staying with it. I haven't spent much time with it...I'll report more if there's anything else worth mentioning. P.S. Although an unexpected gift from my wife...the JVM is one of my favorite amps ever (I've got 27 amps in the stable as of today). What a woman!