• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

K&k pure mini and dimarzio black Angel

Jaesuk

Hi.

I am Going to buy my first pickups. And I was wondering if you can combine K&k pure mini with dimarzio black angel With a tonewoodamp? Or can you just use one of them?

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
Hi.

I am Going to buy my first pickups. And I was wondering if you can combine K&k pure mini with dimarzio black angel With a tonewoodamp? Or can you just use one of them?
looks like the tonewood gadget only has one input, so not really. you'd have to have another onboard preamp to buffer and blend the magnetic and the K&K, then run all that into the tonewood gadget.

man that's a lot of electronic junk to have inside your acoustic :/

dB

I’m curious about the tonewood amp. Have you used it? At first I thought it seemed pretty cool...and then I thought it was super gimmicky. Now I’m on the fence.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
I’m curious about the tonewood amp. Have you used it? At first I thought it seemed pretty cool...and then I thought it was super gimmicky. Now I’m on the fence.
having played the same concept built into the new yamaha acoustics, it's certainly a fun party trick to hear reverb coming out of the actual guitar.

i see no professional use for it though, either live or recording

Jaesuk

looks like the tonewood gadget only has one input, so not really. you'd have to have another onboard preamp to buffer and blend the magnetic and the K&K, then run all that into the tonewood gadget.

man that's a lot of electronic junk to have inside your acoustic :/
does This connect the two?

Trending Topics