K-Line at NAMM - Nice, and new pickups too!

Dana Olsen

Gold Supporting Member
Hi my fellow Gear Heads -

I stopped by the K-Line guitar booth at NAMM. Chris is a good cat and a very under rated builder, and he had some new 'stuff' - house wound Tele and Strat pickups. He may also be doing a P-90 set.

Both Tele and Strat pickup sets are available in Alnico 5 and Alnico 3. They all sound excellent, and there's a substantial difference in the tone and response of the 5's and 3's, 3's a bit brighter or less mids, and 5's a little stronger w/ more mids.

I like the combo of an A3 Tele bridge and an A5 Tele neck - Mmmm!

The Strat were all set up well - trem arms worked great! The Teles also all played great. Excellent job at K-Line!

Chris is a cool cat too. Very under rated builder, in my opinion.

And that's my short review.

Thanks, Dana O.

bdm

Supporting Member
I have nothing but positive things to say about my own personal exchanges with Chris and I have a 2014 K-line Truxton that I adore.

My only beef is a personal preference thing: I’ve never really been a fan of Lollars and ended up with something totally different in my guitar.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Silver Supporting Member
2015 Truxton owner here. Love it. Light, punchy, snappy, articulate, plays and sounds like a dream. Chris is a great guy to boot.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Gold Supporting Member
yeah, i like those guitars..... but couldn't make it over there at NAMM, for some reason! ach.

K-Line

Vendor
Thanks Dana. Just to clarify, the strat sets currently are a late 50's formvar set with alnico 5 mags. Then there is a flat pole alnico 2 set with plain enamel, very touch sensitive, play soft, nice and polite. Hard hitting makes the high end punch out. Also a mid 60's transition era set. Higher output plain enamel with alnico 5 mags. Yes, P90s. Teles are as you describe and have two alnico 5 version bridge pickups as well. More info on the website.

Shreve

Katzenjammer Kid
Gold Supporting Member
Have a very early K-Line Blackguard that I love. Bought here at the Emporium. Been played a bunch, and I never have had to touch a thing, save for string changes.

CRAIG4FSU

Whatever...
Silver Supporting Member
Chris is currently building me a San Bernardino and has been very patient with my pestering emails.

Seriously interested in a pre-wired type set up of his P90's for it as a mood option.

Yam the BOMB

Silver Supporting Member
Chris are you going to be at the Nashville show in March again? If so, please don’t bring any double Humbucker tele’s. My wife would not be happy about that.

K-Line

Vendor
Chris are you going to be at the Nashville show in March again? If so, please don’t bring any double Humbucker tele’s. My wife would not be happy about that.
I do not think I will make it this year. It is right around the corner and I have no stock to bring.

Trending Topics