K-line guitars?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by theanalogdream, Apr 29, 2008.

1. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

I don't know much about K-line guitars at all, I have done a search on the boards and couldn't really find anything. Does anybody have one? How would it compare to a nash? I am looking to get a lightly reliced Tele-style guitar. How much do they go for? If anyone could let me know and maybe say what they think of their own K-line guitar it would be awesome!
    thanks

2. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

You need to do some more searching as there is a fair amount of info here and I'm pretty certain the owner of K-line posts here.

EDIT: In fact K-Line is his user name.

EDIT #2: Perhaps this thread will help you: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=320580&highlight=k-line

Or try using the advanced search with the word "k-line" (Must include the quotes) in the keywords box. Do a search for thread titles and/or posts depending on whether or not you need to see just threads about K-line or any post that contains the word "k-line".

3. onemind

onemind Member

Priced and configured similar to Nash guitar, excellent all around. I have a strat and a tele, both excellent instruments, convincingly relic'd and well set up.

4. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I have two strats and I much prefer them to Nash. The relic job, fit and finish is much more realistic. The last one I bought was about a year ago, but they are around $1500 or so I believe. I gig only my KLines anymore, I love 'em.

5. lazymonday

lazymonday Member

I have a K-Line tele that is phenomenal. The setup is perfect and the neck feels awesome.

Chris is a really nice guy to boot and made my tele to my exact specs. The finish is great and the guitar sounds great as well. It makes me put away any guitar that I feel has a slight imperfection (I have a few like this).

6. moreeye

moreeye Member

I have a K-Line Strat and it is a keeper. Chris is a very cool guy and I can assure you that he will build you exactly what you want.

7. codyj84

codyj84 Member

Chris does amazing work for sure!!! Check out the dealers emporium at the bottom home page. He usually has some stuff up. I think there may actually even be a tele and jazzmaster up right now.

8. K-Line

K-Line Gold Supporting Member

How is Pinky?

9. GuitarGuy510

GuitarGuy510 Member

I have played a K-Line strat and just this past weekend a K-Line tele. Both were exceptional guitars! :dude

10. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Supporting Member

I have a K-Line Strat. Fantastic guitar & Chris is a great guy to boot.

11. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

awesome. Just awesome.

12. karmadave

karmadave Member

I own a K-Line S-Style and T-Style. Both are awesome guitars. They are not mass produced, like Nash, but are better than any Nash guitar that I've played.

Chris is a great guy too.

-KD

13. rgsss14

rgsss14 Gold Supporting Member

I'll echo that Chris is a great guy and has a special touch to what he does. His guitars just FEEL right.

I have 3 K-lines. 2 strats and a tele.

I've never had 3 of any brand of guitar....ever.

14. moreeye

moreeye Member

Pinky is fine. I love the big fat neck and smooth brazilian board. The board is alot darker now :RoCkIn

15. Seegs

Seegs Member

got a tele and had to get a strat...both still with me...

Chow,
    Seegs

16. BugSlayer

BugSlayer Gold Supporting Member

Got a tele, made to my specs with binding on top and the body relief on back. Very happy with it and have been playing it exclusively since it arrived! Fit an finish is excellent and sound is outstanding! Have never played a Nash so I cannot help there but you can not go wrong with a K-Line!

17. RvChevron

RvChevron Member

Does K-line do non-relic finish?Stainless steel fret? Plek?

18. K-Line

K-Line Gold Supporting Member

Sorry, no non-relic nor SS frets anymore! The last two killed my tools and I vow to never do again! Sorry.

19. G&L Player

G&L Player Member

I have one of K-Line's early builds, and it's one of the best Teles I've ever played. Really good builder, and I think the quality vs. expense is a little better han Nash (I've played 3 different Nash teles). The other thing I've noticed, and may be because there are fewer K-Lines available, but I rarely see K-Lines for sale. Check the dealer emporium, he posts some of his guitars ther (you can a,lso request a custom build, to your specs)

My K-Line:
    [​IMG]

20. Cruz Azul

Cruz Azul Member

I just received a K Line T-style a month or so ago and it's awesome! Great finish and playes a dream. Best part is Chris is such a good guy to deal with!!