K&M TR65-16 vs Celestion G12H30 - Thoughts?

trpullen

Can anyone directly compare and contrast these two speakers? I tried searching but the vBulletin search does not allow short strings like this.

Particularly looking for brighter/darker or mellower/aggressive, etc.

Any help would be awesome.

StratStringSlinger

Silver Supporting Member
Can anyone directly compare and contrast these two speakers? I tried searching but the vBulletin search does not allow short strings like this.

Particularly looking for brighter/darker or mellower/aggressive, etc.

Any help would be awesome.
They're pretty different speakers. I had a Matchless 1X12 with their treated G12H-30 and a Two-Rock cab with their TR65 at the same time. The cabs were different but still it's quite a noticeable difference. The G12H-30 has more hights and the TR65 is more like a Celestion G12-65, less extended highs/a more dark sounding/thicker sounding speaker. Hope that helps.

trpullen

They're pretty different speakers. I had a Matchless 1X12 with their treated G12H-30 and a Two-Rock cab with their TR65 at the same time. The cabs were different but still it's quite a noticeable difference. The G12H-30 has more hights and the TR65 is more like a Celestion G12-65, less extended highs/a more dark sounding/thicker sounding speaker. Hope that helps.
That does...thanks. I recently traded for a nice little open back cab and it has the TR speaker in it. It seems very dark compared to the G12H30 in my PortCity. I think I like the cab but not the speaker. If I get very motivated, I may try swapping them just to see what they sound like. Conversely, I may just order a spare G12H30. They are great speakers and I tend to want to go there in most amps anyway.

Trending Topics