K.oT. and Tim on YOUR pedal board ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by electricfactory, Jun 15, 2008.

1. electricfactory

electricfactory Supporting Member

Is anyone using both a K.o.T. and Tim on their pedal board ?

If so, how are you using them ?

2. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

I currently using both.

I typically run my TIM set pretty clean for boosting. With the right attack I get it to break lightly. I use the Boost satge to get more heat. It also works well stacked and driving the front end of my chain.

I actually run 2 KOTv.4 believe it or not, its my favorite OD pedal to date. I set one KOT for light to medium gains and the other for medium to higher gain settings. The TIM stacks well into the KOT.

Just to add, I also run a Landy LDO and Mo'D in the same chain. With all this, I can pretty much get any drive tone I want.

3. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

The KOT is my favorite of the two...just wish they didn't take so freakin' long to order. Mine took 2 years. Paul's Tim on the other hand was 3 months.

4. electricfactory

electricfactory Supporting Member

But are you running both on your board ? If so, why [ or more to the point, how] ?

I guess the thrust of my original question was, are the KoT and the Tim filling a similar niche ?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  5. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

I use both. I pretty much always leave the TIM on unless I'm using fuzz, but most of the time it is on and set in such a way that all it does is add some sparkle to the tone. The TIM has a way of pulling the frequencies apart, I seem to get more nuance when using this pedal.

What I use the KOT for is lighter overdriven tones that are in the vein of a Fender Blackface amp. The volume is cranked on this pedal but the gain is set to around the 50% mark which isn't much gain at all.

These two pedals are probably in the top 5 of any pedal made IMHO so using both at the same time really isn't an issue for me. I could set them up to do things completely different then I described and they would still work well, this is just a testament as to how great they are.