Kaden Brown Creeper Opinions?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JC-Tonequest, Jan 23, 2006.

1. JC-Tonequest

JC-Tonequest Supporting Member

I have a trade offer for one of these. Anyone have one and can tell me about it? How does it sound with High Output Humbuckers (Gibson LP w/ 500T bridge p/u)? I have heard that it sounds better with lower output humbuckers and the clip on Kaden's site is with a strat with single coils.

Thanks!

2. JC-Tonequest

3. WienerDog

WienerDog Supporting Member

I've got a Creeper, and it sounds great with all my guitars. The hottest pickup I have is a Duncan JB in my ESP M-II Deluxe, and that rocks with the Creeper.

After looking at the circuitry, the Creeper appears to be based on, if not identical, to the BSIAB2. Simply put, the Creeper is a fantastic pedal.

WD

4. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Member

I had a Creeper...until WeinerDog beat me up and stole it from me. :Spank :p

It does indeed appear to be very similar to the BSIAB. Very nice sounding pedal. I did a fairly in depth review in the HC review forum.

A

5. WienerDog

I plead the 5th!!!! (Love those icons, but the way!)

WD

6. JC-Tonequest

What type(s) of amp are you running it into?

Thanks

7. johndara

johndara Member

I just picked up a Creeper and I'm lovin' it! I'm tried it with my Les Paul w/ Burstbuckers, B.C. Rich Mockingbird (1980) w/ Bill Lawerence 500L, and a Custom Shop strat w/ lace sensors. Ran it through a Traynor YCV 40 and through a Orange Rockerverb 50. The census is, at least to my ears, it seems to love humbuckers more so than single coils. And through both of those amps it sounded great. Put a Burriss Boostier before it and it's total mayhem, sustain for days. I'd say it's one of the best pedals out right now for getting that "brown" sound. The side mounted tone knob is very useable for cutting some of the treble from the lace sensors.

8. WienerDog

Vox AC30CC2, which sounds great with the Creeper.

I also plugged it into my office neighbor's cheap little Randall solid state combo, and the Creeper rocked.

You really can't go wrong with this pedal, IMO.

WD

9. $uperpuma

$uperpuma Member