Kahler trems

Harsh59

Is there any place to buy Kahler Trems besides there own website . A 2300 Kahler runs $330 , I don't know if this is a MSRP and they can be found for less . I've looked and can't seem to find them anywhere .

Harsh59

No , putting it on a Carvin Bolt (Strat knock off) . It has a fixed bridge , so no routing for springs or block . Thought these might just bolt on .

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
A Wonderbar would mount on a flat surface without routing, but the things are rarely seen.

Stetsbar is a currently-available option but not an inexpensive one.

Last edited:

rstites

I'll echo above. The Kahler needs a big route. Look around for 80's Charvels, Jacksons, and other shredder types guitars (except Kramers) and you'll find a lot of Kahlers. They aren't that desirable, so you'd probably be better off picking one of those up than paying for the trem and install on a guitar you already own.

s2y

I think the only system that doesn't need routing is the new Floyd for Gibsons.

Even this model had about a square inch routed underneath for the springs.

rstites

Is that a Floyd? It looks a hell of a lot like a Kahler from the top. If so, maybe that it was what the OP's thinking about.

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
I think the only system that doesn't need routing is the new Floyd for Gibsons.
Because his guitar is starting with a hardtail Strat type bridge rather than a TOM/stop tail, even the FRX would require drilling the body to install the bridge and TP bushings.

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
Is that a Floyd? It looks a hell of a lot like a Kahler from the top. If so, maybe that it was what the OP's thinking about.
I thought that was why he mentioned the routing underneath it - as a contrast to the Floyd.

rstites

I thought that was why he mentioned the routing underneath it - as a contrast to the Floyd.
I was just confused as he said it's a Floyd for the Gibson and it looks like a Kahler. It looks like it just says Gibson on it. I dunno. Maybe I'm just confused.

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
I was just confused as he said it's a Floyd for the Gibson and it looks like a Kahler. It looks like it just says Gibson on it. I dunno. Maybe I'm just confused.
There's no question that the picture shows a Kahler. If both halves of the comment were above the picture or it said "even this model of Kahler had about a square inch routed underneath for the springs" it would be a bit clearer I suppose.

Last edited:

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
I loved a Kahler I had in my Gibson in the '80s and mid '90s. However, when I took it out and put in a stop tailpiece, the improvement in sound was remarkable.

rstites

The 80's Gibsons came stock with the lower end Kahler (might have been mid-tier). It could be upgraded for $50 which reportedly helped both the tone and the tuning stability. My first "real" guitar was an early 80's Explorer with a Kahler on it.

It was a huge step up on what I started with, but I never got along with that guitar too well.....I've never liked painted neck or the shorter scale length of Gibsons, so nothing to do with the Kahler.

EADGBE

Email Carvin and see if they would sell you one cheap. They probably know Gary Kahler.

Trending Topics