Kanye rushing the stage last night...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TeleBlack, Feb 9, 2015.

1. TeleBlack

TeleBlack Senior Member

I don't think he was kidding at all, and only realized his mistake at the last second.

2. Go Cat Go!!

Go Cat Go!! Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  3. TeleBlack

TeleBlack Senior Member

Ha! Didn't know he admitted it.

4. offbeat

offbeat Member

Where do I donate for the 'Taylor Swift vs. Kanye West cage match'?
    'Cause I'd pay dearly to watch her beat the living snot out of him.
    Ever since that 2009 Grammy debacle, I have zero respect for the guy.

5. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

Massive, massive idiot.

6. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

yeeesus!:nuts

7. Multicellular

Multicellular Supporting Member

8. Probos

Probos Gold Supporting Member

9. Neer

Neer Member

Kanye West is crazy, and that's probably the only thing I like about him.

10. Heinz57Pep

Heinz57Pep Member

That was the VMAs.

And wow, it's been that long already?

11. Wagster

Wagster Member

Kayne knows how to use publicity to his advantage.

12. John Coloccia

John Coloccia Cold Supporting Member

Staged, IMHO. Fake reality TV has infected every corner of broadcasting, from the news to award shows.

13. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

Happened to catch his interview on Ellen recently (her birthday episode). He was actually thoughtful and well spoken. I thought that maybe he's finally grown up now that he's a father.

Then we get classic Kanye again with this Grammy thing. His comments afterwards...
    “I don’t even know what [Beck] said. I just know that, the Grammys, if they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us. We aren’t going to play with them no more. ‘Flawless.’ Beyoncé’s video. And Beck needs to respect artistry, he should have given his award to Beyoncé. At this point, we tired of it. What happens is, when you keep on diminishing art, and not respecting the craft, and smacking people in the face after they deliver monumental feats of music, you’re disrespectful to inspiration. We, as musicians, have to inspire people who go to work every day, and they listen to that Beyoncé album, and they feel like it takes them to a different place. And then they do this promotional event, and they’ll run the music over somebody’s speech, the artist, because they want commercial advertising. We aren’t playing with them anymore. And by the way, I got my wife, my daughter, and I got my clothing line, so I’m not going to do nothing that would put my daughter at risk, but I am here to fight for creativity. That’s why I didn’t say anything tonight, but you all knew what it meant when ‘Ye stepped on that stage.”
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ammys-win-beck-needs-to-respect-artistry.html

Self confidence is great. But there's a line somewhere between being confident and delusional. As much as I'd like to proclaim he's waaaay over that line, we can't deny his success.

14. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Member

What an ass. I'm no Beck fan but he's obviously an artist. Beyoncé is more of a brand than an artist.

15. phillybri

phillybri Supporting Member

He's a douche and a baby. Stop paying attention and he'll go away...

16. JPF

JPF Member

He's certainly creative with English grammar... I'll stick with Dylan, Hiatt, Mitchell, and Newman if I want to get transported to another place.

17. Dubious

Dubious Member

i like the fact that kanye tried to STEAL and claim ownership of stuff form Aphex Twin - who won a grammy that night (which is kinda INSANE) and then complains that the grammy's are diminishing artistry. .the dude needs to **** off already - and take beyonce with him.

------

Aphex Twin has accused Kanye West of trying to plagiarise one of his songs for use on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. The rapper and his reps allegedly “tried to get away with not paying” for Aphex’s track Avril 14th, which forms the musical backbone of West’s song Blame Game.
    “[Kanye] tried to ****ing rip me off and claim that he’d written it, and they tried to get away with not paying,” Aphex Twin’s Richard D James claimed in a new interview with Pitchfork. Although James insists he was “really helpful” following West’s enquiries, offering to send a polished version of the Avril 14th sample, “re-played” at a different speed, the MC’s camp was reportedly nothing but rude. He claims: “They totally didn’t even say ‘hello’ or ‘thanks’, they just replied with, ‘It’s not yours, it’s ours, and we’re not even asking you any more.’”

18. CDP

CDP Member

He's so hungry for attention, it's actually pretty sad.

19. SeeMoore

SeeMoore Member

That's funny, a rapper complaining about diminished artistry

20. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

Exactly.

He didn't win jack, but he's pretty much all folks are talking about this morning (other than Annie Lennox!).