• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

kauer Redwood Burl Arcturous...

guitargeek94

the ORIGINAL guitar geek
Gold Supporting Member
Amazing, I wonder how their Gold foils are voiced against Ronin's Gold foils. Nonetheless I'm sure they both sound fantastic in their own right! Too bad I've never been graced with the opportunity to play a Kauer!

Oh that redwood burl, stunning!

Jaya

Silver Supporting Member
Amazing, I wonder how their Gold foils are voiced against Ronin's Gold foils. Nonetheless I'm sure they both sound fantastic in their own right! Too bad I've never been graced with the opportunity to play a Kauer!

Oh that redwood burl, stunning!
Stunning guitar. I wish I could try one of these.
As far as I know these are McNelly humbuckers in a Gold foil package. Hopefully Doug will chime in!

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
Very jealous that you got to go... I would love to see/play some Kauers in person. Those burl ones look absolutely stunning.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
They looked better in person. Not sure who's goild foils he's using but they sounded pretty awesome. Clear and clean. I didin't play a burl..(No way I"m touching one) but some of the other Arcturous (arctouri?) just blew me away.

These were far and away the ' Hot as Cindy Crawford when I was 18' award winners.

Gilky

Wow, that has so much awesome going on I don't know where to begin.

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
Stunning guitar. I wish I could try one of these.
As far as I know these are McNelly humbuckers in a Gold foil package. Hopefully Doug will chime in!
Yep that's exactly what they are. They are a very clear, moderate-low output HB under a "goldfoil" cover. I like them a lot, especially for this redwood run as they are voiced very different from our normal Wolfetones. A very nice compliment to the Redwood's naturally open character.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Had a blast doing this run.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
i like the nods to Ronin (& Hagstrom), here; the really lightweight, un-burled one is my favorite, so far;
this one:

scott

Silver Supporting Member
i like the nods to Ronin (& Hagstrom), here; the really lightweight, un-burled one is my favorite, so far;
this one:

Its funny I see danalectro, airline, silvertone with a whole lotta fender.
These are beauties, love the pick guard.

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
thanks Scott!! PG's are the bane of my existence and every time I design one 3 months later I realize I just stole from Saul again. LOL I pay that guy a fortune in beer royalties.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
yeah, fender & the others are the obvious ones.....
Ronin for OG Redwood w/GoldFoils, Hagstrom for the flying saucer knobbies, Saul K for pick guard influence.....
and, it doesnt look like a mash-up, while really looking great, imo, so!

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
I agree, while there are some familiar features, it has its own thing going on.

Those goldfoil humbucker covers are SO cool. I'll definitely be checking out McNelly pickups next time I want to swap some humbuckers.

big mike

Cathode biased
Really a great design. Spent quite a bit of time on a 'regular' arcturous with P90s, and then another with a strat layout. Just ergonomically perfect IMO. AND FINALLY a strat type I enjoyed playing.

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
Really a great design. Spent quite a bit of time on a 'regular' arcturous with P90s, and then another with a strat layout. Just ergonomically perfect IMO. AND FINALLY a strat type I enjoyed playing.
You sounded fantastic with that p90 Arcturus (no real surprise there). I know what you mean about finally bonding with a "strat" again, my green one is just exceptional. You'll be burying me with that guitar.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :D

Trending Topics