• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Kay Thin Twin

chenette

T-bone Burnett played a kay Thin Twin on the grammy's and it sounded pretty good. Has anyone played one? For a blues guitar how would it compare to an old silvertone or harmony?

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm sure his was a real one. They have that 50's Chicago sound. They just started to reissue them. Decent review in a recent GP mag. I'm itching to snag a used one. Almost bought one direct from Fritz bros who was in charge of the project but it would have close to a grand so I passed. MF has them for less.

drolling

Will Ray talks about his vintage Thin Twin in this months Guitar Player, an "eBay Prize" he got for $325. His is branded 'Silvertone' but looks identical to the current production Kay reissue.

MF's got 'em for around $800 and I've been hoping someone round here would hurry up and buy one & post a review & maybe some clips.

Anyone?

Cody

Well, look who’s undead!
When I saw T-Bone, he was playing the Silvertone version: sunburst with the white pickguard.

I have one just like it; biggest neck in my stable. Cool guitar, but I don't play it enough... shame on me. :(

Trending Topics