Kay Thin Twin

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by chenette, Feb 18, 2009.

1. chenette

chenette Member

T-bone Burnett played a kay Thin Twin on the grammy's and it sounded pretty good. Has anyone played one? For a blues guitar how would it compare to an old silvertone or harmony?

2. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Gold Supporting Member

I'm sure his was a real one. They have that 50's Chicago sound. They just started to reissue them. Decent review in a recent GP mag. I'm itching to snag a used one. Almost bought one direct from Fritz bros who was in charge of the project but it would have close to a grand so I passed. MF has them for less.

3. drolling

drolling Member

Will Ray talks about his vintage Thin Twin in this months Guitar Player, an "eBay Prize" he got for $325. His is branded 'Silvertone' but looks identical to the current production Kay reissue.

MF's got 'em for around $800 and I've been hoping someone round here would hurry up and buy one & post a review & maybe some clips.

Anyone?

4. chenette

chenette Member

Anyone play one yet?

5. Cody

Cody Well, look who’s undead! Silver Supporting Member

When I saw T-Bone, he was playing the Silvertone version: sunburst with the white pickguard.

I have one just like it; biggest neck in my stable. Cool guitar, but I don't play it enough... shame on me. :(