• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Keef's new Nashville sourced 1955 TV Jr

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
If Patti Hansen ever leaves the picture, I'm going to everything I can to marry Keith!

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
I have a few friends who jammed with him at his home in CT. As far as guitars, in his home studio/jam room, there was a Waylon Jennings Tele (with leather tooled cover) and some kind of old Supro kicking around. And he was drinking Sunkist & vodka all day.
Didn't know he was in CT. He and Patti and their chocolate Lab lived across the street from us at 4th and Broadway (NYC) in the 90's. They were above Tower Records and us catty corner to the Bottom Line across Broadway.

WordMan

Wax Rhapsodic
Platinum Supporting Member
Didn't know he was in CT. He and Patti and their chocolate Lab lived across the street from us at 4th and Broadway (NYC) in the 90's. They were above Tower Records and us catty corner to the Bottom Line across Broadway.

@WornFrets - Keef's in Weston? I knew a guy who was a killer jump blues player who said Keith would show up at the bar or restaurant he was playing in. I think it was there.

Sampler

Gold Supporting Member
He lives in Weston….I live in Ridgefield and I see him here quite a bit. He and his wife do a lot with the theater in town and he frequents the good restaurants. His daughter Theodora lives here as well…she just bought a house in town. Nice folks.

Sampler

Gold Supporting Member
I saw Matt Schofield in Ridgefield - great theater.

Crap. I didn’t even know he came through, that sucks - I would have loved to see him. Lots of good shows..we are very lucky to have that theater. It’s like seeing great bands in an old high school auditorium…because that’s what it is - only with booze available.

LieInKing

3) Always has a glass of something brown in his hand, but you’ll never see him drunk. I would have asked for specifics, but this was long before I was into Scotch.

I read a recent piece on Keith that said he'd stopped boozing. Seems like even he's reached a point where the body won't take it any more.

jekylmeister

Raconteur Extraordinaire
Silver Supporting Member
I read a recent piece on Keith that said he'd stopped boozing. Seems like even he's reached a point where the body won't take it any more.

I thought I'd read somewhere that he said he didn't drink anymore, too. I'm not sure how up-to-date this info is. He had a healthy (?) appetite.
[Edit] Having commented on his drinking habits, which are near and dear to me, I think it's cool that he still gets a charge out of getting a cool, vintage guitar. I don't know what to think about the comments on his playing at home. I've seen a number of vids where he was playing acoustic and he still brings it. I don't know how he does it with his knuckles in the condition they're in, but he does. I'm more impressed, actually, at how he plays with his neck almost vertical. He's one-of-a-kind, for sure and I hope he outlives me.
On a side note, I was saddened by the news today on Brown Sugar. PC has run amok.

Last edited:

Thetwangster2

Keith is on record in most every guitar interview he's ever done that he never plays electric away from recordings or live. Most rock stars don't play electric away from the band. And I would imagine Keith somewhere has a secret warehouse full of his gear. Probably in the try-state area.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom