• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Keeley 30ms Double Tracker announced

Ruiner

"Automatic double-tracking. Pitch Adjustable, Non-Rotational Chorus. Tripling. Haas Effect. Precedence Effect. Slap-Back Modulator."

CaseyI

It's on Keeleys Instagram as well. Looks cool. I'm curious how much better this will work than a regular ole delay.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
I love this sort of effect. One of my most used H9 patches is more or less this.
On the H9, I have one channel up a cent or so, the other down a cent or so, and the expression pedal controlling delay and further detune.

Ruiner

^ Thanks!

Here's the info:

The Keeley 30 ms is an Automatic Double Tracking pedal that creates up to 2 additional voices that create an amazing doubled voice. Once you hear it, you’ll realize that this is the exact reason that you never sound the same live as you did in the studio. Until now!

Now you can engage the Keeley 30 ms to create doubled sounds like Dimension C, (yeah, we threw a version of that in there for you too), or a Tripled sound, or a Slab Back sound.

The Dimension sound we created is simply awe inspiring. With the Tune Control you create 2 additional voices in which you can control the pitch and time delay. One voice is sharp and one voice is flat by up to 10 cents. Ten cents is a tenth of a half step. Often, 7 cents is a magic number used in studios to create a gorgeously rich doubling. Next you set the Delay Time, by up to 30 ms; studios use 21 ms as a magic number. The Voice Control is the level of the additional voices you created. This is best sounding “non-chorus” I’ve ever heard. Now, when I listen to the radio, I can hear double-tracking used all the time and this pedal nails it! Don’t even get me talking about what this does for FUZZ! It’s like Ketchup, Salt and Pepper, it just goes better with it.

The Abbey Mode (Tripling in this old prototype pic…), is Haas Effect with Studio Swagger. Hey if it sounds good, then roll one up and try to smoke it right?! You control T1, T2, and T3, These Paramaters are, T1 = Rate of the Random Modulation, T2 = Depth of that modulation, T3 = Time, still 0-30 ms. This simulates what the guys did at Abbey Road studios by simulating random, very slight pitch shifting, with the tape deck used to create the delay or double tracked sounds. Imagine the guys putting their hand on the reels to slow down the tape reels ever so slightly. Yeah, you’re right, it’s that cool. If anyone was going to hope for a chorus pedal here, it might be this one, but like no chorus you’ve ever heard from a pedal.

Next is Slapback. Yeah, sounds simple, but this is of course just about as good as bacon. You control the Slapback Time, 30-120 ms. Yes, the perfect range, and the tuning or modulation you desire with the Tune Control. If you’re thinking this is the coolest thing since sliced bread, yeah, me too.

OilsFan

Silver Supporting Member
Wonder why pedal makers haven't really played much in this arena before. With today's effects power you could easily make one guitar sound like two. And I know other units do that but they never have extensive controls. I want to have the Clash's "I Fought the Law" solo in a box. Wonder if this will do it?

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Doesn't this tread on the Strymon Deco's territory? Sounds intriguing, in any case!

Trending Topics