Keeley 4 knob... I am shattered!

onedge custom

it just stopped... LED flickers occasionally, no sound when it's on, signal chain works when off but that's not great if you want a compressor.

Power supply good (the other pedals on my board are fine), same result with a battery.

Has anyone else have this happen?

S. S. Bender

I've got a used two knob model that was malfunctioning in a similar way when I first received it in 2007. I opened it up to find that the circuit board and other components were very tightly squeezed into the small available space of the enclosure. I can only imagine that the four knob model is worse in this regard. Upon closer inspection, I determined that one of the jacks* was grounding out against the inside top of the enclosure whenever a plug was inserted. I loosened the nut, rotated and pulled up slightly on the jack so that it was no longer grounding out against the case, and re-tightened the nut. It's worked fine ever since.

* It was most likely the input jack, but it's been eight years so I don't remember this particular detail clearly.

Kit*

I had similar issue with my Keeley 4 knob compressor where the sound will cut in and out and found the problem on mine was the circuitry was touching the case. I think normally there should be a Keeley's business card hidden inside the case between the circuit board and the back plate which helps stop the circuitry being in contact, I had to add an extra layer of card which made the pedal working normal again.

onedge custom

Put the Keeley business card back inside the enclosure.

I never removed it... I never actually opened the unit until it stopped working.

I am sending back for repair (PITA as I am in Australia but that's the tyranny of distance). What has me so mystified is it literally just "stopped" mid set... It was on but I was nowhere near it

Trending Topics

Top Bottom