Keeley Aurora Reverb?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Z Tone, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Z Tone

Z Tone Member

Anyone tried the new Keeley Aurora reverb yet?

2. DavidH

DavidH Member

Not sure it's shipping yet. Robert put up a little clip on his youtube page recently.

I'm wondering if it goes to 100% wet. It certainly appears to go well above the 50:50, so i'm imagining it does.

3. MrFuzzTone

MrFuzzTone Supporting Member

4. Patient of Dr. Z

Patient of Dr. Z Member

A good video demo by Lance Seymour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDROBh57Go

He mentions in the comments that it does go 100% wet.

I am seriously thinking of getting this. Sounds lovely.

I also had an email from Keeley today that said they started shipping them.

5. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

Anybody know what circuitry it has? Is it Belton-brick-based?

6. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Member

7. frankandstephen

frankandstephen Member

yes, very curious about this...what does it compare to favorably? What alternatives do you recommend that "top" this?

8. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

The RKFX web page says "24 bit, high-fidelity reverb processor" so not a Belton-based pedal.

regards, Jack

9. brian marshall

brian marshall Member

The slapback/predelay control is a nice feature.

It's FV1 based. They have pics on instagram.

10. Z Tone

Z Tone Member

I have heard of some other reverb pedals using a Belton brick. Can someone chime in and tell me what the belton is and the pros or cons of pedals that use the belton.

11. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

12. petty1818

petty1818 Member

I have never been a big Keeley follower but the Aurora sounds great. I am actually really excited to give it a try!

13. Scriptor

Scriptor Member

I received the Keeley Aurora Reverb last week ... I have been playing around with it since then ... so far, I am pleased ... I like its simplicity ... it has just the right features for subtle to heavy reverb without getting overwhelmed with the knobs ...

I was surprised that while the pedal has what looks to be a battery compartment, there are no connectors ... I didn't see anything about that on the Keeley site ... not a big deal but might be significant to those who would like to power it with battery ...

14. Yarnhawk

Yarnhawk Member

Definitely interested in this.

15. vinchan

vinchan Member

Any follow-up for this? I'm very interested

16. Eldritch Tentacles

Eldritch Tentacles Member

With all the talk recently about the Keeley 30ms and Abbey Chamber Verb, I came across the Aurora reverb on their site. Not sure how it is that I didn't take a serious look at this before.
    Does anyone who has the Aurora care to chime in with any appreciation? Compare it to the other more typically talked about verbs on TGP? Compare it to the Abbey?

17. Patient of Dr. Z

Patient of Dr. Z Member

I recently bought the Aurora. It's the 3rd reverb pedal I've owned. First was the TC Hall of Fame. Then about 6 months ago or so I got the Digitech Polara. It immediately sent the HoF packing - just sounded more natural than the HoF. Room, hall, and plate are my 3 favorite types of reverb, and I was interested in the slapback (predelay) knob on the Aurora, so I got it about a week ago. It sounds great, lush and warm, and even at higher mix settings it doesn't get too soupy sounding. The slapback control helps with this a lot. However, one issue I have with the Aurora: with the slapback knob set higher, say past noon, there's a weird artifact audible. It's hard to describe, but it's like a scratchy click the instant the reverb kicks in. I don't know if it's just something inherent in larger predelay times or a glitch in the pedal or how it interacts with my amp. For now I'm hanging on to the Polara. But apart from this weird noise, the Aurora sounds great.

NamaEnsou likes this.
  18. RobertKeeley

RobertKeeley Gold Supporting Member

I'll look into that. I hadn't had a description like that since it was released in January, but always interested in improving the product if I can. Call me at the shop so we can nail this down if you like.
    Thanks!
    rk

Abram4235 and NamaEnsou like this.
  19. RobertKeeley

RobertKeeley Gold Supporting Member

No battery option on our reverbs as the current draw is high enough the battery may not last but less than two hours.
    thanks,
    rk

20. Patient of Dr. Z

Patient of Dr. Z Member

Thanks for the response, Mr. Keeley! Sorry for not following up sooner, but I've been busy. I also wanted to get the chance to try the pedal through a different amp, just to make sure it wasn't an issue with the amp. After plugging into a second amp I still had the same problem. It's a crackling noise that comes and goes very quickly, but it's very noticeable and annoying. It's especially noticeable the more I dig into the guitar. I'm going to assume I should fill out the repair ticket on your website. I really want to get this problem solved because the pedal sounds so good!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015