Keeley Compressor and Javaboost clip...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JeffreyC, Mar 11, 2006.

1. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

Keeley Compressor and Javaboost clip...
    American Dlx Strat (mostly neck pickup) into Keeley Compressor; Javaboost kicks in at 1:15; DD20 in effects loop of Rockerverb 50; some whammy.

Please excuse my sloppy playing - let me know what you think of the tone - Gilmourish?

Hope you enjoy...

https://home.comcast.net/~jchenders/BluesEm.mp3

Here's another one I did this morning... Essentially it's the same setup -- more humbucker this time from the HSS strat, and more playing with the whammy octave setting and a little bit of effects added at the recorder - not much.

https://home.comcast.net/~jchenders/Beckrock.mp3

2. gururyan

gururyan Member

Welcome Jeffrey, that was a joy to listen to. I really dig it. I play an American Dlx Strat too, but I'm SSS....the SSH sure was tempting. I went with the V neck. Anyway, hope to hear more clips of you and your gear!

3. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

Thx. I really like the guitar and I'm pretty happy with the SCN pickups and the HB is a pretty even match tone/volume wise. I am tempted to put some Kinmans in that guitar though - we'll see.

It was a joy to have the time to play with my gear today! :D I wish I had more time to devote to music! :(

4. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Sloppy playing? Psssssh. Sounds great man. The Java really shines. I had one but couldn't put it to good use in my rig, definitely a great pedal for you though.

5. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

Thx for the compliments bro. Yeah, the java has really surpirsed me with the Orange RV - alot of the purists over at the Orange amp forum aren't too enthused about using a boost with the RV series or any pedals for that matter - I really like the result.

6. tlester

tlester Member

Was the the clean or dirty channel of the RV50? I'm suspecting clean, but who knows. The Java boost sounds great. Did that get much lounder in person or just dirtier? It just sounds dirtier on the track... whcih is what I'm looking for.

-Tom

7. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

It was actually mostly the dirty channel, but only set to slight breakup. When kicking the javaboost in, you can really hit the tubes hard and set the level for a big volume jump or just a slight one - really works great either way. :D

8. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

Bump, anyone have trouble with the links? thx.

9. forestryguy

forestryguy Member

Links worked OK for me. Nice work BTW.

10. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

One last bumperoosky.... :BluesBros