Keeley Compressor Plus as a limiter?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DSL74, Jun 25, 2019.

1. DSL74

DSL74 Member

So are there any settings anyone can recommend that would utilize this pedal to work as a limiter? Also, where would you position it on your board if it can be used as a limiter, before or after overdrives, distortion, etc.? Thanks!

2. jayjacque

jayjacque Member

These questions are pretty timely, as I've got one of these on the way. Now have to keep my fingers crossed this thread doesn't get buried by other threads

DSL74 likes this.
  3. DSL74

DSL74 Member

No worries, I will keep this thread alive!

4. jayjacque

jayjacque Member

Yeah, we can keep it alive. Just take turns every few hours post filler posts LOL

DSL74 likes this.
  5. DSL74

DSL74 Member

6. DSL74

DSL74 Member

I emailed Keeley just in case and will post their reply if I get one. Hopefully someone will chime in here as well.

7. fabulusfab777

fabulusfab777 Member

I have a compressor + on my board so I can comment a little on how I use it. For your use, and if I understand correctly, I would suggest to run it last in chain or at least after all drive and dirt. As far as settings, this is not how I use mine, but the blend knob will be the key to making it work in conjunction with the sustain knob. I would start with sustain low and blend at 50% and adjust the volume, then turn on the drives or distortion you have to hear if they come out around same level. If I understood your desire application, this should work fairly well

DSL74 likes this.
  8. DSL74

DSL74 Member

Reply from Keeley: "You would want the blend past halfway and the sustain almost off. That pedal really is not made to act as a limiter as much as say the gc2 or compressor pro but that should allow you level out and reign in some of those peaks."