Keeley equivelent to Lovepedal Eternity

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by yugnat, Feb 13, 2008.

1. yugnat

yugnat Member

Which Keeley pedal comes closest to the Lovepedal Enternity? I love the E but was wondering about lower cost alternatives and have always wanted to try a Keeley brand pedal.

2. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

Fair question, but I find that after playing many many OD's there really aren't equivalents between pedals. They all vary as to gain level, gain structure, pot play and range, output, compression, voice (mids, place and size of peak, open, woody, lows, highs), etc.
    In general terms, TS types, Dumble types, etc. will be in the same family, but within these groups each are really are different. Nothing sounds like my Eternity. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I hope it is valuable advice. BTW, really, the E is so damn good that you may wish to unload other pedals to try and get one.
    Maybe others have more or better info...
    Best to ya.

3. Lucidology

Lucidology Supporting Member

Have to agree with these words ...
    The Eternity has a magic quality no other pedal has that I've played so far ...

I don't know if this makes any sense, but it's almost like there's a momentary aftertouch to each note ...
    Notes on the high strings are just as solid to the feel as notes as lower strings ...

4. JCM 800

JCM 800 Silver Supporting Member

Well since the E is a tubescreamer circuit, one of the Keeley TS mods would be the closest thing.

5. Andre357

Andre357 Member

+1.....After using just about every TS variant out there, including the Keeley, Analogman and FD II ..I'd have to say the eternity is the best one out there..... It gives a certain very musical, pleasing, pro quality to notes.....I find I play a bit slower with it actually, I find myself wanting to savor each note a bit more than I used too ( you'll want to burn off flurries of notes on it as well at times ! ) ..the previous ( and quoted ) description is as good as any I've heard...

6. DrGonzo

DrGonzo Gold Supporting Member

With the used prices on the new SMD version of the Eternity you aren't that much higher than some of Keeey's OD boxes. I'd just go for the Eternity if you know it's what you want. I've seen so many people on here post about buying a great cheaper alternative to what they really want, only to see that item up in the Emporium 2 months later for sale to finance what they wanted in the first place. Sure, you get to try out a lot of stuff, but eating shipping and depreciation everytime will get old. Just my two cents :)

PS: Not trying to sound self-righteous at all. I'm the special kind of idiot that doesn't follow his own advice. I.e. my delay search :jo

7. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

8. OOG

OOG Member

the E does not compare to
    CJOD
    TIM
    TIMMY
    Zen
    Zen II
    Little Green Wonder
    Emerald Green Distortion
    Honey Bee

i currently own and really like all the above for each one's unique thing it does
    same with my new E

Robert Keely is a very nice guy
    but, to my ears, his stuff doesn't compare to the above
    i've owned a few and have access to most of his stuff

keep in mind that i also have a Perrier Jouet cork velcro'd to my pedal board
    ymmv
    but, if you want an E, get one

9. yugnat

yugnat Member

Thanks everyone, consider my arm twisted... :BEER

10. mfgobbi

mfgobbi Member

Modded Maxon OD-9, just ask keeley, he maight mod it to exactly an ethernity... actually just do it yourself...

11. smawer

smawer I like to play.