Keeley Fuzz Bender - 9v Battery Or No?

Ginsly

Starting to keep my eyes peeled for one of these, but one thing is confusing - the description says "no battery", but some reviews I've seen say otherwise...

Somebody with a Fuzz Bender mind peeking inside to check? Thx!

Johnnytone

Silver Supporting Member
Keeley's website says no battery, so . . .

Ginsly

Keeley's website says no battery, so . . .

Yep, I know. That why it was odd to see a review like this from Sweetwater: “Despite product description, the Keeley does run on a 9 volt too. Battery pad is right where you'd expect it after removing the back plate.”

Hopefully someone can take a look in theirs!

Ginsly

Yep.
Mine does.

Maybe they made a version without it?
Ah! Ain't that somethin... Good to hear, I do like having that option. Good question though- I wonder if all of them have it? And why would Keeley put it in and then say "no battery operation"? I assume to discourage battery usage...

Slideman

BTW...these are an amazing versatile pedal....muff to bender to fuzz face by altering the bias and tone knobs. I went for this as I'm not a fuzz nut like others on the forum and thought it would provide the most versatility for someone who wanted to get a variety of fuzz tones without going down that rabbit hole.

Ginsly

@Slideman - That makes total sense, and I think I need to be on the lookout for one! Even brand new they’re very reasonably priced, but I’m on a post-holidays budget still… ha

Chuck Snider

Silver Supporting Member
Yes it do!
IMG_9452.JPG

IMG_9453.JPG

CohenTheBarbarian

Silver Supporting Member
Ah! Ain't that somethin... Good to hear, I do like having that option. Good question though- I wonder if all of them have it? And why would Keeley put it in and then say "no battery operation"? I assume to discourage battery usage...

What about dropping a note to Keeley to ask them?

John Mark Painter

Gold Supporting Member
Remember use the ever ready heavy duty batteries...much better with fuzz :).
I still haven’t tried battery with the Fuzz Bender. On some pedals it makes no difference at all and on some it is obvious.

I do have a stash of cheap batteries

Trending Topics

Top Bottom