Keeley HALO Andy Timmons Dual Echo is out!

Bill Dennis

Silver Supporting Member
I watched the "Halo" demo from Pete Thorn. I don't think I heard Pete Thorn ever say anything negative about any of the equipment he gets to review.

It is not necessarily wrong that he does not. It is all a matter of perspective.

Personally, I think the Halo pedal only needed to emulate that famous delay which is the base for Andy's tone. This is my own point of view, of course.
He tends to not review the stuff he doesn't like since he most certainly has turn some work down I would imagine. If I were a mfg, he is the first person I would approach to demo my stuff.

John Price

Silver Supporting Member
Here's a feature I would love to see on this pedal and not sure if it's even possible.
How about when you use the expression pedal the lights could help navigate your expression pedal position? Heel to the left and as you gradually move towards the toe position they move to the right. It would be a great feature for a live performance. That was just my experience over the weekend.

John Price

Silver Supporting Member
The replacement pedal is working fine! I plugged the power in while the Zuma was on and it powered up with no issues! Plus the controls responded immediately.

Keeley's customer service is out of this world. Problem solved in a week's time to my door and on my pedalboard.

Thank you!

Ok, I just noticed that it's signed on the bottom.... Mind blown....

Last edited:

Mondoslug

Tempos are saved for each preset and will recall the same tempo previously saved each time, if you need to adjust it you are able to do so on the fly.

When a tap switch is connected to the TRS Expression jack via a TS (mono) cable it will automatically recognize there is a tap switch installed. You will NOT need to hold down the external switch to adjust the tempos, simply tap and it will immediately start adjusting.

Sean
Thanks Sean!

Last Nerve

There is no magic tone in a decal.
Gold Supporting Member
Few days behind, but wanting to check with everyone and get feedback.
I'm using a DC7, which I responded in the thread a week or so ago, seemed to power the pedal just fine.

Couple questions as I've spent more time, and now wondering if that's truly the case;
First, without the Halo powered, no signal passes through. This the same for everyone else?
Secondly, I don't believe I'm having the 'power-up' issue experienced by others, wherein the only way to get the knobs to function is multiple powering-up of the pedal, HOWEVER, I am really surprised by the lack of range on the knobs. They seem to function, but again, not much range.
Should I attempt the multiple-powering-up others are doing to discover if there's an issue with their Halo?
And if so, are others simply just unplugging and re-plugging in a few times to get the pedal to initiate?

Finally, if discovered, how have others started the process with Keeley for a replacement?

This pedal sounds great for the most part, and I'm looking forward to using it, but need it fully functional of course.

Thanks all.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
I'm using a DC7, which I responded in the thread a week or so ago, seemed to power the pedal just fine.

Couple questions as I've spent more time, and now wondering if that's truly the case;
First, without the Halo powered, no signal passes through. This the same for everyone else?
Secondly, I don't believe I'm having the 'power-up' issue experienced by others, wherein the only way to get the knobs to function is multiple powering-up of the pedal, HOWEVER, I am really surprised by the lack of range on the knobs. They seem to function, but again, not much range.
Should I attempt the multiple-powering-up others are doing to discover if there's an issue with their Halo?
And if so, are others simply just unplugging and re-plugging in a few times to get the pedal to initiate?

Finally, if discovered, how have others started the process with Keeley for a replacement?

This pedal sounds great for the most part, and I'm looking forward to using it, but need it fully functional of course.

Thanks all.
I believe it can be set to "trails" (buffered bypass) or true bypass. It ships in trails mode, which means no signal through without power.

I believe the range on a couple of the controls is designed that way, and I for one welcome it: knobs with huge ranges (like tone knobs or modulation depth knobs) mean the sweet spot can be somewhat difficult to find; on the HALO the "extremes" seem to have been removed, leaving those controls with HUGE sweet spots, which I very much appreciate.

Slammin Mofo

What are the different delay modes based on? I assume the Halo setting covers the Timmons vintage memory man tones and the multi head tape delay is abased on the Binson Echorec? What about the BBD rack unit? Is it based on a ADA STD-1?

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
What are the different delay modes based on? I assume the Halo setting covers the Timmons vintage memory man tones and the multi head tape delay is abased on the Binson Echorec? What about the BBD rack unit? Is it based on a ADA STD-1?
The BBD I believe they say in the video is based on the Tom Scholz rack delay:

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
1656006765776.png

Slammin Mofo

Yes! Love that!! Knowing that Keeley already modeled the rockman stereo echo... I'm wondering if any other Rockman type of effects are in the works? It sure would be awesome to get a Rockman pedal with Chorus, Delay and Distortion to finally replace these old headphone units and Robert is certainly a guy smart enough to get that job done extremely well.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Mine arrived yesterday and I got to spend a couple hours with it today. Fantastic pedal!
Sounds wonderful , easy to use, I find most of the functions quite intuitive. Lots of features in a small pedal.

Love the stereo image you get just using the single delays, definitively some special sauce added there.

Made a quick clip in Halo mode, a bit rusty after not touching a guitar in three weeks :)

Last Nerve

There is no magic tone in a decal.
Gold Supporting Member
QUICKLY after this post, Keeley CS reached out.
Mind you, I'm not certain there is an issue with my Halo but Keeley wanted 100% confirmation.
New Halo is inbound already.
AMAZING.
Can't get any better than that, IMO.

Thanks all.

myaudiodna

Silver Supporting Member
I have a question I haven’t seen an answer for yet. If I set external pedal control to latching mode, how do I switch banks using the footswitches and turn the pedal off?

I think I want to run it in latching mode so I can use a single foot switch to swap between presets, but I don’t see a way to turn the pedal off or switch banks using the footswitches while in latching mode.

Xevyn

Finally received mine today and only had a chance to spend about 30 mins with it so far but it has already exceeded my expecations - just sounds so wonderful like many of you have already said. It's like night and day compared to the SA Nemesis that I had - specifically I found that with certain amps I could never get a useable sound when the Nemesis was placed in front of the amp...but the Halo has sounded great whether it's in front of the amp or in the FX loop.

edgarallan

Yes! Love that!! Knowing that Keeley already modeled the rockman stereo echo... I'm wondering if any other Rockman type of effects are in the works? It sure would be awesome to get a Rockman pedal with Chorus, Delay and Distortion to finally replace these old headphone units and Robert is certainly a guy smart enough to get that job done extremely well.
That my friend, would be a Christmas miracle! If anyone here knows Robert Keeley please let him know that if he does this he will go down in history as the greatest boutique pedal builder of all time. It makes you wonder why hasn’t any of the builders done it, right? Those Rockman X100s are hard to find and if you do find one you’ll pay premium for an old, probably unreliable unit.

cosmic_ape

Resident Lefty of Doom
Silver Supporting Member
I don't really need this pedal, but it ticks enough boxes to consider it for a "grab and go" board in the future.

DaveNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Hey all, I emailed @Keeley Customer Service but didn't hear back yet - is there a way to identify a Halo device with the updated board in it? I use Strymon power supplies exclusively, and wanted to avoid having to return the pedal for re-work if I could. Thanks!

memberzonly

Silver Supporting Member
Obviously, much of the magic is playing it with a stereo field.

Can someone chime in on how much is lost playing in mono?

Andy S

Thanks to @Keeley Customer Service for the spectacular customer service ! I received my replacement two days after contacting them ( and before my original unit was even sent back).

New unit works perfectly and sounds fantastic. It also was signed by Robert Keeley : ) A very classy touch....

Thank you !!!

Another Keeley pedal is certainly in my future ( looking at your overdrives online now and contemplating a Super Phat Mod ).

You guys and and gals at Keeley totally rock....

Top Bottom